The rank of the APC in the Senate swelled Wednesday with the defection of 11 Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, senators to the All Progressives Congress, APC.
Among the senators that defected are Bukola Saraki, Mohammed Ndume, Danjuma Goje and Abdullahi Adamu.
Their decision was communicated in a letter addressed to the Senate President, David Mark.
Several reports indicate that some more senators could decamp in the nearest future.
At the moment the ruling party still appears to have the majority in the Senate despite the mass defections to the APC. However, the official figures are yet to be announced.
It would be recalled that the gale of defection had hit the House of Representatives last December when 37 PDP members of the chamber defected to the APC.
Five PDP governors had earlier moved to the opposition party on November 26.
See the full list of the defected senators:
1. Senator Bukola Saraki-Kwara Central
2. Senator Umaru Dahiru-Sokoto South
3. Senator Magnus Ngei Abe -Rivers South-East
4. Senator Wilson Asinobi Ake-Rivers West
5. Sen. Bindawa Muhammed Jibrilla-Adamawa North
6. Sen. Mohammed Danjuma Goje-Gombe central
7. Sen. Aisha Jummai Alhassan-Taraba North
8. Sen. Mohammed Ali Ndume-Borno South
9. Senator Mohammed Shaba Lafiaji-Kwara North
10. Sen. Abdulahi Adamu-Nasarawa West
11. Senator Ibrahim Abdullahi Gobir-Sokoto East