Fire razes Mile 12 market in Lagos

Fire razes Mile 12 market in Lagos

Reports emerging from New Telegraph indicate that the popular Mile 12 Market in Lagos is burning.

Although details are still sketchy as the time of filing this report, a number of pictures posted on social media shows the market on fire.

The fire reportedly started in the early hours of Thursday, February 13.

Legit.ng notes that various markets across the country have been recently gutted by fire, a development many Nigerians have expressed worry about.

The latest fire incident is coming barely 10 days after a nylon factory on Clem road Ijaye, close to Immaculate College, in Lagos was also razed by fire.

The fire reportedly started in the evening of Sunday, February 2.

The fire outbreak was confirmed by the acting director of Lagos State Fire Service, Margaret Adeseye.

Men of the Lagos State Fire service were said to have arrived at the scene of the incident promptly, though a social media user said the first set firefighters that came did not have enough water.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Also, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) office in Ogidi, Idemili North local government area of Anambra state was gutted by fire on Sunday, February 2.

Also on the same day, there was a gas explosion in two rooms of a storey building at No 23 Emmanuel Church road, Inland town Onitsha.

Seven persons were feared burnt in the incident.

The police spokesman in the state, Haruna Mohammed, who confirmed both incidents said there was no loss of life.

He added that the Onitsha incident victims who sustained varying degrees of injuries were responding to treatment.

In a similar development, the capital of Ogun state, Abeokuta, witnessed pandemonium on the night of Wednesday, February 12, as fire erupted in the house of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

The house which is located at Ita-Eko area of Abeokuta was gutted by fire about 9.30pm.

Legit.ng gathers that the fire incident was allegedly caused by a power surge.

Residents of the area reportedly joined the former president's domestic workers to help in putting out the fire in an exercise which lasts for almost an hour.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) - Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better.

Lagos Fire: This outbreak has now become a yearly 'sacrifice' - traders lament| Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel