- APC has named a 61-man committee ahead of its forthcoming national convention
- The committee would be inaugurated on Tuesday, March 23, in Abuja
- According to the report, the committee would relaunch the APC in the minds of Nigerians
Former chairman, Senate committee on appropriation, Iyiola Omisore, two former speakers of House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole and Yakubu Dogara made the list of 61-man contact/strategy committee announced by the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) on Monday, March 22.
Legit.ng gathered that their inclusion in the list was not unconnected with their defection to the APC, after dumping SDP, ADP and PDP.
A statement issued by John James Akpanudoehede, the national secretary of the Caretaker/Extra-Ordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC) and seen by Legit.ng, said that the committee would be inaugurated on Tuesday, March 23, by Governor Mai Mala Buni of Yobe state.
The Jigawa state governor, Abubakar Badru would serve as chairman of the committee while Ikechi Emenike would serve as the secretary.
It was gathered that the committee, among other things, would develop strategies that would place the party in vantage position in the public domain and develop a timeline and framework for implementation of its recommendations.
The committee members are:
1. H.E. Mohammed Badaru Abubakar - Chairman
2. H.E. (Sen.) Obarisi Ovie Omo-Agege - Member
3. H.E. Alh. Yahaya Bello - Member
4. H.E. Prof. Babagana Umar Zulum - Member
5. H.E. Alh. Inuwa Yahaya - Member
6. H.E. Engr. Abdullahi Sule - Member
7. H.E. (Hon) Aminu Bello Masari - Member
8. H.E. Simon Bako Lalong - Member
9. H.E. Babajide Sanwo-Olu - Member
10. H.E. Dapo Abiodun - Member
11. H.E. (Sen.) Hope Uzodinma - Member
12. H.E. David Nweze Umahi - Member
13. H.E. Alh. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje - Member
14. H.E. (Sen.) Aliyu Magatakarda Wammako - Member
15. H.E. (Sen.) Mohammed Danjuma Goje - Member
16. H.E (Sen.) Kashim Shettima - Member
17. H.E. (Sen.) Ibikunle Amosun - Member
18. H.E. (Sen.) Mohammed Umar Jibrilla - Member
19. H.E. Timipre Sylva - Member
20. H.E. Rauf Aregbesola - Member
21. H.E. (Dr) Chris Ngige - Member
22. H.E. (Sen) George Akume - Member
23. Abubakar Malami, SAN - Member
24. Hajia Sadiya Umar Faruq - Member
25. Mallam Adamu Adamu - Member
26. H.E. Akinwunmi Ambode - Member
27. H.E. Mohammed A. Abubakar - Member
28. H.E. (Sen.) Mohammed Adamu Aliero - Member
29. H.E. Gbenga Daniel - Member
30. H.E. Sullivan Chime - Member
31. H.E. (Sen.) Iyiola Omisore - Member
32. H.E. Mamadu Aliyu Shinkafi - Member
33. H.E. Saidu Dakingari - Member
34. Rt. Hon. Dimeji Bankole - Member
35. Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara - Member
36. Sen. Julius Ali Ucha - Member
37. Sen. Ganiyu Solomon - Member
38. Sen. Margaret Okadigbo - Member
39. Sen. Jibrin Wowo - Member
40. Sen. Anthony Oduma Agbo - Member
41. Sen. Robert Ajayi Boroffice - Member
42. Sen. Mohammed Sani Musa - Member
43. Sen. Khairat Gwadabe - Member
44. Hon. Nkeiruka Onyejeocha - Member
45. Hon. Abdulrahman Kawu Sumaila - Member
46. Hon. Usman Mohammed - Member
47. Mallam Nuhu Ribadu - Member
48. Hon. Abubakar Lado Suleja - Member
49. Hon. Makinde Peter Abiola - Member
50. Hon. Blessing David Onuoha - Member
51. Alh. Kashim Imam - Member
52. Mrs. Mimi Drubibi Adzape - Member
53. Olorugun Emerhor Ortega - Member
54. Obong Umana Okon Umana - Member
55. Prince B.B Apugo - Member
56. Chief Ify Ugo Okoye - Member
57. Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa - Member
58. Hajia Hadiza Bala Usman - Member
59. Princess (Hon) Miriam Onuoha - Member
60. Ideato C. Ideato Okoli - Member
61. Dr. Ikechi Emenike - Secretary
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that a former governor of Ogun state, Otunba Gbenga Daniel revealed why he joined the ruling APC.
It was reported that while speaking to State House correspondents on Monday, March 22, Daniel said there are not too many options for him as a politician.
The former governor spoke to the reporters shortly after he was hosted by President Muhammadu Buhari alongside a former speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole.
Wale Akinola is a passionate journalist and researcher. He works as a senior political/current affairs editor at Legit.ng. He holds both B. A and Master’s degree in Communications and Language Arts from the University of Ibadan. He also holds a Diploma Certificate in Peace Journalism. He has over 15 years of work experience in both print and online media. He derives joy in keeping the public abreast of current happenings locally and internationally through his writings.