- President Muhammadu Buhari has said that he would not relent until remaining 113 Chibok girls are released
- He said the thought of the remaining Chibok girls still occupies his mind
- He noted that the scenario surrounding the abduction of the girls was regrettable
President Muhammadu Buhari has said the thought of the remaining 113 Chibok girls still occupies his mind, Daily Trust reports.
Legit.ng gathered that President Buhari made the declaration on Saturday, December 30, in a message to residents of Chibok.
He noted that the scenario surrounding the abduction of the girls was regrettable; stressing that he was not comfortable with unfolding events.
Represented by Senator Mohammed Ndume, representing Borno south, Buhari explained that the federal government had unveiled new strategies to ensure the release of the remaining kidnapped girls.
The President urged parents of the affected girls and the entire Chibok community to exercise patience as all possible measures were being put in place to wipe out their pains.
In an interview with newsmen, Chairman of the Abducted Chibok Girls Parents’ Movement for Rescue, Malam Yakubu Nkeki, expressed delight over the renewed assurance by the president to secure the freedom of the remaining kidnapped girls.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that about thirteen of the 276 Chibok schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram in 2014 have died in the insurgents’ custody due to hunger, malaria and snake bites, Wall Street Journal (WSJ) reports.
Mother of Chibok girl laments - on Legit.ng TV