- Former Barcelona and Real Madrid star Ronaldo confirms he is already at home
- The Brazilian posted a picture of himself earlier today thanking all his care givers and well wishers
- He was on holiday in Ibiza when he was suddenly rushed to a nearby hospital after being struck by pnuemonia
Brazil legend Ronaldo has been discharged from the hospital following the brief illness that landed him on the sick bed over the weekend.
The 41-year-old was struck by pneumonia while on summer holiday in Spain and he was quickly rushed to a hospital.
He was said to have spent some time in the intensive care unit of the hospital following the doctors' diagnoses.
The former Barcelona and Real Madrid however took to social media to let his fans know everything was under control.
"Hi guys! I'm already at home after a few days at the clinic," said Ronaldo, who retired as a player in 2011.
"Thank you all for the kind comments and positive energy.
"Thanks to the team of doctors and nurses. Now let's focus on football! This season will be incredible and promises more news."
Ronaldo confirmed on Twitter on Sunday that he had been diagnosed with influenza and that he was expecting to be discharged on Monday.
"Guys, I had a bad case of influenza here in Ibiza, I was hospitalized on Friday, but everything is under control!" he said.
"(On Monday) I get discharged and I go back home! Thank you all for the messages and affection!
Legit.ng earlier reported that Brazil legend Ronaldo disclosed that he is getting better barely 48 hours after being struck down with pneumonia on Friday.
The former Real Madrid superstar was said to have been diagnosed lung illness caused by a heavy cold and was rushed into a hospital in Ibiza island while on holiday.
However, the two-time FIFA World Cup winner admitted that he was rushed to the hospital in a social media post on Sunday as reported by the Mirror.
Who is the better coach, Mourinho or Conte? - on Legit.ng TV