- Cristiano Ronaldo continues to shatter the stats and set new records
- The Portuguese captain reached a century of goals landmark when his side defeated Sweden
- Ronaldo, aged 35, set new records in the cause of the just concluded season
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
Cristiano Ronaldo becomes the second man to reach a century of international goals after his brace on Tuesday night, September 8, moved his tally to 101, eight behind record holder Ali Daei who scored 109 for Iran.
The Old Lady attacker reached the milestone in style after firing an unstoppable freekick into the top corner of the post to give his side the lead just before the half-time whistle.
He then completed his brace in the 72nd minute with another stunning strike as his side cruised to a 2-0 win after the meeting.
However, Planet Football have shown the 10 records the Juventus striker smashed at the just concluded season despite being of age 35 as cited at SPORTbible.
1. Ronaldo becomes the first European player to net 100 international goals with his brace against Sweden.
2. He has moved eight goals behind Ali Daei who has 109 international goals.
3. The Portuguese captain has now scored the same amount of goals as France's top scorer (Thierry Henry, 51 goals) and Netherlands' top scorer (Robin van Persie, 50 goals) combined.
4. Portugal's second and third highest goalscorers of all time (Pauleta, 47 goals and Eusebio, 41 goals) have 13 less goals than Ronaldo combined.
5. The former Manchester United man has netted 49 goals in 47 games for Portugal.
6. Ronaldo has now scored over 700 goals throughout his career. Only six other players (Messi, Puskas, Pele, Gerd Muller, Romario and Josef Bican) have achieved the feat.
7. CR7 is becomes the oldest player to score more than 30 goals in Europe's top five leagues since 1948
8. He scored 50 goals in 61 games for Juventus which is quicker than any player in club history, and the second quickest in Serie A history
9. The is the only man to score 50 times in the Premier League, La Liga and Serie A.
10. The ended season becomes the 15th consecutive one he scored in double figures.
However, Legit.ng earlier reported that Neymar and Mbappe have been described as the two best players in the world according to Paris Saint Germain director Leonardo who is backing both players to remain at the club.
Leonardo further claimed that both stars are the two best players in the world at the moment, apart from Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
He believes that Neymar and Mbappe are the best strikers currently after the pair fired the French club to a domestic treble last season as they also reached the Champions League final for the first time.
How we mistakenly celebrated Yakubu’s miss at 2010 World Cup – Brown Ideye | Legit TV