- Kai Havertz is wanted at the Old Trafford
- The 20-year-old German has also attracted interests from Liverpool
- Havertz has had an impressive season with Leverkusen and wants to move abroad
Manchester United and Liverpool are reportedly interested in the signing of Bayer Leverkusen youngster Kai Havertz, as the 20-year-old is said to be ready to move abroad, SunSport reports.
The attacking midfielder is set for a staggering summer move after his impressive season; with reports that Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich as well as La Liga side Real Madrid are also eyeing the star.
Havertz who has netted six goals, scoring five in his 22 appearances for Leverkusen this season is said to be valued around £70million.
It is believed that as soon as the transfer window opens, Manchester United and Liverpool will tender their respective bids quickly, in the hope to bring the youngster to England.
Premier League giants West Ham, Crystal Palace interested in signing Super Eagles striker in the summer
"I'm ready to take a big step, and I like challenges. For me, this also includes abroad,” Havertz told Bild.
"Leverkusen are a great club, I feel good. I have always said that. But of course I want to take the next step in my career at some point. That's my ambition."
Man United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is reportedly planning to offload up to five players when the summer transfer window opens.
The manager has already spent £150m on three major signings including Harry Maguire, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Bruno Fernandes who arrived in January.
Since replacing Jose Mourinho in December 2018, there is a growing air of optimism among fans that the club is headed in the right direction.
With the Red Devils chiefs understood go be keen to financially support Solskjaer, the Norwegian could be forced to sell current squad members to create space for new arrivals.
The players include Phil Jones, Jesse Lingard, Andreas Pereira, Chris Smalling and Alexis Sanchez.
Legit.ng earlier reported that Ivan Rakitic could be playing at the Old Trafford this summer as he is said to be free to leave Barcelona for £17.6m, according to reports from SunSport.
He has been a major part of the Barcelona squad previously has failed to impress in the last couple of seasons and this will allow the Catalan club to let him go.
The former Sevilla attacking midfielder joined Barcelona on June 16, 2014 when he signed a 5-year contract.
Nigeria still needs Vincent Enyeama, Maradona was my toughest opponent - Peter Rufai | Legit TV