Joshua Quickly Rushed To The Hospital For Suspected Eye Injury After Loss To Usyk

Joshua Quickly Rushed To The Hospital For Suspected Eye Injury After Loss To Usyk

  • Ukrainian Oleksandr Usyk emerged as the outright winner after stunning Anthony Joshua at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
  • Joshua was completely outboxed by the Ukrainian as he lost by a unanimous decision after 12 rounds
  • It is believed the Brit suffered a broken eye socket and had to seek medical attention immediately after the match
  • Despite his loss, he may have a chance to redeem himself with a planned rematch with Usyk next year

Celebrated British boxer Anthony Joshua had to be taken to hospital after his battering by Oleksandr Usyk.

Oleksandr Usyk of Ukraine fights Anthony Joshua of Great Britain during the Heavyweight Title Fight between Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on September 25, 2021 in London, England. (Photo by Julian Finney/Getty Images)
It is believed the Brit suffered a broken eye socket and had to seek medical attention immediately after the match. Photo by Julian Finney.
Source: Getty Images

Usyk emerged the unanimous winner of the epic bout staged at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, finishing with a flourish in the final rounds to put the result beyond doubt.

SunSport now reports Joshua had to be escorted from the ring and taken to hospital promptly for tests.

Read also

Anthony Joshua finally breaks silence after losing heavyweight titles to Oleksandr Usyk

According to the publication, Joshua is suspected to have suffered a broken eye socket, with his promoter revealing the former heavyweight champion could not see out of it in the final rounds of his heavy defeat.

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

“He will go to hospital. I don’t know if he has broken his eye socket, it doesn’t look great," Joshua's promoter, Eddie Hearn, divulged.
“He said he couldn’t see after the ninth round, obviously he was getting tagged a lot as well," he added.

Joshua failed to take advantage of his weight advantage over Usyk who took every chance he had to land him with a barrage of southpaw punches.

The Britain WBA and WBO world heavyweight champion ended the match pinned to the ropes as Usky emerged as the deserved victor.

It is understood a rematch between the two is already on the cards and could take place as early as next year.

Read also

Oleksandr Usyk Beats Anthony Joshua as Ukrainian challenger outclasses Briton by unanimous decision

"Knowing AJ, knowing the position he is in, knowing that he will have a shot to get his belts back, there is absolutely nothing else he will do other than a rematch," Hearn said.

AJ makes prediction of Fury vs Wilder fight

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Anthony Joshua believes Deontay Wilder would emerge victorious in his trilogy fight with Tyson Fury in October because of his approach towards the fight, Give Me Sport.

All is now set for the two heavyweights to do one battle for the third time after drawing the first and the Gypsy king recording a seventh-round stoppage in the second.

AJ and Fury were supposed to be competing in the squared circle during the summer but the Gypsy King was ordered by the court to complete his trilogy with the Bronze Bomber.

Source: Legit

Online view pixel