Brazil Football Legend Pele Readmitted Into Hospital As Heartbreaking Reason Emerges

Brazil Football Legend Pele Readmitted Into Hospital As Heartbreaking Reason Emerges

  • Pele underwent colon surgery and was released on Wednesday, September 15
  • He was however readmitted in hospital, but only as a precautionary measure
  • The football legend is currently in no pain and is on the road to recovery, according to his daughter Kely

Brazilian football legend Pele has been admitted back to ICU, days after undergoing colon surgery.

Brazil Football Legend Readmitted to ICU
Pele has been readmitted to ICU but his daughter says he is in stable condition. Photo: FRANCK FIFE/AFP.
Source: Getty Images

Pele, 80, had surgery to remove a tumor from his colon earlier in September and was initially released from intensive care on Wednesday.

But Sky Sport reports that Sao Paulo's Albert Einstein Hospital decided to readmit Pele, but purely as a “preventative measure".

Pele’s daughter Kely Nascimento also confirmed that her father was “recovering well”.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

"He is recovering well and within normal range," She said via her Instagram.

Read also

Brazilian football icon Pele sends huge message to well-wishers after leaving intensive care unit

"The normal recovery scenario for a man of his age, after an operation like this, is sometimes two steps forward and one step back.”

Pele, the only man in the history of football to have won three World Cups had in late August assured everyone on Twitter that he was doing well and was in hospital for routine tests.

However, it was through these routine tests that doctors detected a tumor and immediately scheduled the legend for surgery.

Media outlets in Brazil have since confirmed the readmission of Pele in hospital, with the facility also releasing a statement on the same.

"After stabilisation, the patient was transferred to semi-intensive care.
"He is currently stable from a cardiovascular and respiratory point of view." The statement from the hospital read.

Pele’s daughter Kely also recently posted a selfie with her dad in hospital as she assured fans that he was on the road to recovery and was not in any pain.

Read also

Ronaldo shows true leadership as he impacts Man United teammates with healthy lifestyle

Away from the colon issue, Pele has suffered a hip problem for years and cannot properly walk without aid.

Pele remains Brazil’s all-time leading goalscorer with 77 goals in 92 matches and won the World Cup on three occasions as mentioned earlier- in 1958, 1962 and 1970.

Lionel Messi however recently surpassed him as the all-time leading goalscorer in South America after the Argentine bagged a hat trick in World Cup qualifying against Bolivia.

Benzema ignores Pele, Maradona as he names role model

Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how Karim Benzema named Brazilian football legend Ronaldo Delima as his model while growing up claiming that the former Barcelona and Real Madrid star was an inspiration for him.

There is no doubt about the fact that Ronaldo Delima was one of the best strikers in the world during his active playing time considering the number of goals he has scored.

During his time as a striker, Ronaldo Delima won two World Cup titles with Brazil and also two Ballon d'Or awards before he hanged his boots.

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel