Man United Told Manager Who Should Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer After Defeat to Young Boys

Man United Told Manager Who Should Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer After Defeat to Young Boys

  • Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has once again come under fire after leading Man United to a frustrating defeat against Young Boys
  • According to talkSPORT host Jason Cundy, United chiefs should consider sacking the Norwegian and replace him with Antonio Conte
  • Ex-Chelsea boss Conte is currently without a job after quitting as Inter Milan manager during the summer

TalkSPORT host Jason Cundy has asked Man United to fire Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after leading the team to a 2-1 shock defeat to Young Boys in the Champions League.

United were hoping to kick off their campaign in the European competition on the right footing during their trip to Young Boys, only to lose in Switzerland.

Cristiano Ronaldo continued his blistering start to life with United, giving his side the lead within 13 minutes after he was assisted by Bruno Fernandes.

Read also

Heartbreak as Jesse Lingard finally breaks silence over mistake that cost Man Utd against Young Boys

Man United Told Manager Who Should Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer After Defeat to Young Boys
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer under heavy criticism. Photo: Matthew Ashton.
Source: Getty Images

However, Moumi Ngamaleu drew the hosts level before Theoson Siebatchu netted a stoppage-time winner to condemn the Red Devils to defeat.

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

The performance sparked suggestions United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was tactically exposed even as a section of fans called for his sacking.

Cundy has now added his voice to the calls, urging the Red Devils to get rid of the Norwegian and replace him with former Chelsea boss Antonio Conte. The talkSPORT host ranted.

“That there shows he (Solskjaer) is utterly clueless. That performance, the team shape… they went down to ten men, yes, but come on.
“It exposed Ole, it did badly. I’d sack him. We know what’s coming, don’t we? You’ve got Antonio Conte out there."

Conte is currently without a job after leaving his role at Inter Milan shortly after leading them to their first Italian championship in a decade.

Read also

Man United legend warns Solskjaer about risking sack if he does not win trophies this season

He has previously been linked with a move to Arsenal to succeed Mikel Arteta who has come under immense pressure in recent weeks as well.

PSG forced to 1-1 draw by Club Brugge

Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that French club Paris Saint-Germain were forced to a 1-1 draw by Belgian side Club Brugge in their opening fixture in the Champions League.

PSG begin their quest for European glory on Wednesday, September 15 when they took on Belgian side Club Brugge away at the Jan Breydel Stadium.

The highly-entertaining encounter ended in a draw as Ander Herrera's goal was cancelled out by Hans Vanaken, with both goals and the Red Devils will now have a task to do in order to qualify.

Source: Legit

Online view pixel