- Jack Grealish takes over from Paul Pogba to become Premier League's most expensive signing of all time
- The Englishman secured a £100m deal from Aston Villa to Manchester City on a six-year deal this month
- The Euro 2020 runner up will represent the Etihad Stadium outfit until the summer of 2027
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
Manchester City have announced the signing of England midfielder Jack Grealish in a six-year deal valued at around £100 million from Aston Villa.
The new move made the 25-year-old midfielder ranks top on the list of top 10 most expensive Premier League signings of all time, beating Paul Pogba's £93.25m transfer from Juventus to Manchester United in 2016.
Grealish was one of the outstanding performers at the European Championship this summer but failed to win the coveted prize at the end of the tourney - losing to Italy on penalties.
Jubilation at Etihad Stadium as Man City set to break transfer record for the signing of sensational EPL star
However, his performances attracted top EPL managers to his attention, and has now joined the Etihad Stadium dwellers.
As it stands, 2018 World Cup winner Pogba is the second most expensive signing in the English topflight while Romelu Lukaku and Harry Maguire occupy the third and fourth positions.
List of top 10 Premier League record signings of all time
- Jack Grealish - £100m, Aston Villa to Manchester City
- Paul Pogba - £93.25m, Juventus to Manchester United
- Romelu Lukaku - £90m, Everton to Manchester United
- Harry Maguire - £80m, Leicester City to Manchester United
- Kai Havertz - £75.8m, Bayer Leverkusen to Chelsea
- Virgil van Dijk - £75m, Southampton to Liverpool
- Jadon Sancho - £73m, Borussia Dortmund to Manchester United
- Nicolas Pepe - £72m, Lille to Arsenal
- Kepa Arrizabalaga - £71.6m, Athletic Bilbao to Chelsea
- Alvaro Morata - £70m, Real Madrid to Chelsea
Panic as Liverpool name star who orchestrated Barcelona's fall in 2019 among 6 players they will sell
How much did Man City pay for Grealish?
Legit.ng earlier reported that Jack Grealish has completed a dream move to Manchester City from Aston on a six-year deal valued at around €117.50 million this summer.
The 25-year-old recently returned from the European Championship where he recorded two assists in five appearances for the silver-winning England national team.
Preceding that, he scored seven goals and 12 assists in 27 appearances for his former club across competitions.