- Mohamed Salah currently tops the race for the Premier League golden boot award
- The Egyptian sits at the summit of the table with 17 goals so far this campaign
- Man United Bruno Fernandes comes second with 15 goals while Harry Kane has 13
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
Liverpool star Mohamed Salah leads the chase for the Premier League golden boot award this season having scored 17 goals so far in spite of his side's shambolic displays.
This means the 28-year-old might be winning his third top scorers' gong in the English topflight since he joined the Reds from Roma in 2017
The attacker has already won the award two times and could become the second-highest winner of the prize in the history of the EPL should he win it this season.
Ronaldo, Messi drop out of world's most valuable players as Mbappe, Premier League stars dominate top 10 list
However, with 13 matches left to end the season, he is facing stiff competition from rival players who are also looking to end the season on a high with the award.
Rather unsurprisingly, Man United midfielder Bruno Fernandes is in the frame to cart home the boot, should he continue his impressive form.
Below is a list of the top 10 leading goalscorers in the Premier League so far:
1. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) - 17 goals
2. Bruno Fernandes (Man United) - 15 goals
3. Patrick Bamford (Leeds) - 13 goals
3. Calvert-Lewin (Everton) - 13 goals
3. Harry Kane (Tottenham) - 13 goals
3. Heung-Min (Tottenham) - 13 goals
7. Jamie Vardy (Leicester) - 12 goals
8. Ilkay Gundogan (Man City) - 11 goals
9. Ollie Watkins ( Aston Villa) - 10 goals
9. Callum Wilson (Newcastle) - 10 goals
Fernandes has already scored 15 goals in 25 appearances, two more than Tottenham Hotspur forward, Harry Kane.
Son Heung-Min also forms part of the pack gunning for the award also with 13 goals, on a level with Leeds United's Patrick Bamford and Everton's Dominic Calvert-Lewin.
In spite of their hot form, Man City have no representative in the top six, with Ilkay Gundogan, who is their highest goalscorer placed eighth with 11 league goals.
Last season's winner, Jamie Vardy, has also shown intent of reclaiming the prize having scored 12 goals for Leicester City.
Legit.ng earlier reported that ex-Atletico Madrid defender Felipe Luis still doesn't understand why Jose Mourinho sold Mohamed Salah in spite of his incredible skills in training.
The Egyptian forward joined Chelsea from Basel in 2014 but only made 19 appearances, scoring two goals and four assists during his two-year reign at Stamford Bridge.
Before he was eventually offloaded in 2016, the 28-year-old had already been sent to Fiorentina and Roma on loan and by the end of the 2015-16 season, Roma signed him permanently.
Oluwatomiwa is a sports editor with Legit.ng. He has over eight years of field and office experience in the media industry. He graduated from the Nigerian Institute of Journalism in 2014 with HND in Mass Communication. Connect with him on Twitter @TomiwaBabalola.