- Sergio Reguilon will be expected to provide cover for Luke Shaw in the left-back position at Man United
- Shaw had his impressive campaign last season cut short after he picked an ankle injury, with Brandon Williams filling his place
- Reguilon was in spectacular shape with Sevilla during his loan spell at the club to attract interest from United
- Zidane would be more than willing to sell him as the Frenchman seeks to raise enough money to fund his summer targets
- Donny van de Beek who arrived from Ajax is the only major summer transfer the Red Devils have signed
Man United have reportedly emerged favourites to land Real Madrid defender Sergio Reguilon.
United are said to have tabled a huge offer to sign the highly-sought left-back this summer.
Daily Mail reports Reguilon could possibly leave Madrid this window as he could potentially be deprived of game time.
The 23-year-old ranks behind Marcelo and Ferland Mendy in the pecking order at Santiago Bernabeu and could therefore be tempted with a move away.
Reguilon spent the better part of last season with Sevilla on loan from Madrid, with his performances impressing a number of clubs.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is now said to be eyeing a move for the versatile defender to help him bolster his backline ahead of the 2020/21 season.
Solskjaer wants another player who can provide cover for injury-prone Luke Shaw who missed the better part of last season with an ankle injury.
Shaw's position was subsequently filled by youngster Brandon Williams who understandly did a superb job.
Despite having his heart set on making a return to Madrid, Zinedine Zidane has reportedly added Reguilon to his list of players he wants sold.
Zidane wants to offload fringe players to raise £180 million transfer kitty to fund summer targets.
The Spaniard could cost United a fee in the region of £25 million in a deal that could see Los Blancos add a buy-back clause in his transfer deal.
Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how Premier League giants Manchester United confirmed that Dutch winger Tahith Chong completed a loan move to German side Werder Bremen for the 2020/21 League season.
The Red Devils' chief decided to allow the 20-year-old footballer to leave Old Trafford so that he will get more regular football in Germany.
At the just concluded Premier League season where Manchester United finished among the top four, Tahith Chong was unable to get any game for himself at Old Trafford.
How we mistakenly celebrated Yakubu’s miss at 2010 World Cup – Brown Ideye | Legit TV