- Cristiano Ronaldo does not make Goal's team of the season list
- The Juve star won domestic titles with Old Lady but that does not guarantee him a place
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi and Bayern's Lewandoski spearheaded the controversial list
Cristiano Ronaldo has been axed out of the team of the season in the new list released by Goal despite having a fabulous debut season in Serie A.
Ronaldo was exceptional for Juventus with his killer instinct helping the Old Lady to another historical domestic win.
But the feat was not enough to hand the Portuguese superstar a place in Goal's list spearheaded by his arch rival Lionel Messi.
Picking the top performers from across the Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue 1, the Premier League and Serie A over the first half of the 2019-20 campaign, Goal shunned the former Real Madrid star with Bayern's star Robert Lewandowski considered upfront.
Chelsea legend includes ex-Super Eagles player in his African team of the decade and it is not Mikel
Keylor Navas of Paris Saint-Germain was named the goalkeeper of the year. The former Real Madrid star was considered for the huge recognition following his stellar performance for the French champions.
Navas kept the most clean sheets across 5 European top flights (12), with impressive percentage of 83.02.
Here are the Goal's team of the season:
1. Goal keeper: Keylor Navas (Paris Saint-Germain)
2.Right back: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)
3. Central back: Chris Smalling (Roma)
4. Cental back:Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool)
5. Left back: Andy Robertson (Liverpool)
6. Right cental midfielder: Angel Di Maria (Paris Saint-Germain)
7. Central midfielder: Casemiro (Real Madrid)
8. Left central midfielder: Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
9. Right wing: Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
10. Central forward: Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
11. Left winger: Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that Cristiano Ronaldo has been ranked above his arch-rival Lionel Messi in Sky Sports' list of athletes of the decade, with tennis superstar, Rafael Nadal shockingly omitted in the controversial ranking.
Gernot Rohr missing as CAF reveals nominees for best coach in Africa, 1 former Nigerian coach makes list (see list)
The Portuguese ace is the only football star in the top three which has tennis star Serena Williams ranked top athlete of the decade courtesy of her ruthless dominance and influence in female tennis.
Nigerians react to Anthony Joshua’s win over Ruiz, tip him to crush Wilder, Fury | Legit TV