Legit.ng, a leading digital media in Nigeria and the biggest Facebook publisher in Africa, is looking for a results-driven and goal-oriented journalist and writer to fill the role of Human Interest & Diaspora News editor.
Interested candidates must possess:
- Degree or Higher Diploma (in journalism/media studies or related field will be an advantage).
- Considerable experience in journalism and human interest stories writing.
- Perfect writing skills; narration and good grammar.
- Great editorial judgment and news monitoring skills.
- Impeccable communication and interviewing skills: both written and verbal
- Must be a strategic and analytical thinker.
- Must be a self-driven individual with a strong desire to constantly learn, adapt and work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work remotely (good internet connection and a laptop, minimum Intel Core i3).
- Monitoring trending human interest stories on social media.
- Writing and publishing Human Interest stories in line with our in-house style guide.
- Conducting interviews and writing special format articles i.e. feature, analysis, fact-check, etc.
Why Join Us?
- Highly competitive remuneration
- Comfortable working environment.
- Opportunity to learn and grow with a super-friendly team.
- Exposure to modern digital and innovative tools.
- Opportunity to learn from the biggest global players in IT and media worldwide.
Please note that interested candidates must possess a stable internet connection as this is a work-from-home position.
Subject: Human Interest Editor
The application closes on Tuesday, November 30.