PDP spokesperson, Metuh rushed back to national hospital

PDP spokesperson, Metuh rushed back to national hospital

Chief Olisa Metuh, the national spokesperson of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has been reportedly rushed back to the National Hospital in Abuja.

PDP spokesperson, Metuh rushed back to national hospital

Metuh's trial has proven particularly controversial

Report has it that the PDP spokesman vomitted several times in his car on his way to the Federal High Court, Abuja on Thursday, May 19.

A source said: “Metuh was rushed to hospital last night. It is serious. He is managing high blood pressure, diabetes and arthritis. The doctor asked him to stay at hospital, but he refused because he wanted to appear in court today. He is just stubborn. He does not want his health to get in the way of his trial.

“This morning he vomited in his car on our way to the court. It is sad. I cannot say all that he is going through, but it is bad. His health is deteriorating.”

Recall that in April, he had slumped during the commissioning of the caretaker committee of the PDP Yobe and Borno states chapter.

He was rushed to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the National Hospital.

Metuh is currently standing trial for allegedly destroying Economic and Financial Crimes Commission’s (EFCC) evidence against him.

As the case was called, Emeka Etiaba (SAN), his counsel, explained to Okon Abang, the judge, that his client was not in good health.

Etiaba went ahead to inform the court that the Metuh’s health challenge worsened night and he was rushed to the hospital by his brother in-law, Andy Aghaji.

He said on arrival at the hospital, they found out that nurses were on strike but they were attended to by a doctor who administered some drugs on him. The doctor, according to Etiaba, said due to the fact that the nurses were on strike, there was nobody to take care of him that night.

He said the drugs would make him drowsy and that he should be taken home and brought back to the hospital the following morning. They left the hospital at about morning.

Etiaba said not knowing the gravity of the problem, he told Metuh to see how he can manage himself and come to court this morning.

However, upon arrival at the court, Metuh started vomiting and had to be assisted to the court room.

Etiaba told the court that it was obvious that Metuh could not stand the trial in his state of health and that he needed to be taken back to the hospital.

READ ALSO: Metuh’s trial: Doyin Okupe appears as witness

He said he has been billed to be administered drugs on at . Etiaba then prayed the court to grant an adjournment to enable Metuh go back to the hospital for treatment.

Counsel to the second defendant, Tobechukwu Onwugbufor aligned with Etiaba, saying he is aware that since Metuh fell in the office, his health had continued to deteriorate and he has not been able to go to work.

EFCC counsel Sylvanus Tahir did not object the application for adjournment. The case was adjourned to . After which Metuh was rushed back to the National Hospital

At the hospital, the doctors were livid in anger for Metuh disregarding their advice for the second time and wondered why he preferred endangering his life by going against their advice.

As at press time doctors have started administering drugs on Metuh despite the on-going strike that has paralysed activities in the hospital

Details soon.


Source: Legit.ng News

Mailfire view pixel