The Nigerian army has commenced recruitment of officers into the military.
Legit.ng gathered through a post on the Facebook page of the Nigerian army, that the recruitment exercise is totally free, asking Nigerians not to be deceived by people who might ask them to pay a certain amount before accepting them.
"This is to inform the general public and all interested qualified Nigerians that recruitment into Nigerian Army has commenced. All to note that the online application is FREE OF CHARGE. Please beware of fraudsters," the post on the Facebook page read.
Steps to follow for Nigerian army recruitment:
- Interested applicants are advised to visit the Nigerian army's website via www.recruitment.army.mil.ng and apply.
- Print out completed application form which must include (declaration of certificate by parent/guardian form, local government area certification form, police certification form and guarantor form).
- Candidates must possess 4 credits at not more than two sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NABTEB/NECO and one of the credit passes must be in English Language.
- Tradesmen/women must also possess a minimum of OND/Trade Test/ City and Guild certificate.
- Interested candidates must be between the ages of 18-21 years for non-tradesmen/women and for tradesmen/women, they must be between the ages of 18-26 years by June 1, 2016.
- Both male and female applicants must not be less than 1.65 meters and 1.56 meters tall respectively.
Read other directives below:
This latest development is coming on the heels of the recruitment exercise by the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) where it was gathered that hundreds of Nigerians jostled for a vacancy meant for only 10,000 people.