Kwankwaso Accuses Goodluck Jonathan Of Plotting To Kill Him

Kwankwaso Accuses Goodluck Jonathan Of Plotting To Kill Him

The Governor of Kano State, Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso, revealed that his life is endangered and he may be on President Goodluck Jonathan’s watch list.

* Governor Kwankwaso says his life is in danger. Photo credit - Premium Times

The governor made this declaration during an interview with PREMIUM TIMES in Abuja on June 11, 2014, Wednesday. He revealed that the president had ordered reduction of Kwankwaso’s security by 50%, therefore making the governor vulnerable to physical attacks.

He further commented on the current unrest in Kano State triggered by emergence of Sanusi Lamido Sanusi as the new Emir of Kano on June 8, 2014, Sunday. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and President Goodluck Jonathan have been obviously against such a candidature. 

The supporters of a son of the late emir, Ado Bayero, continue their protests against the appointment of an ex CBN boss.

However, Kwankwaso revealed he possesses “credible information” that the “mayhem” is being unleashed in accordance with presidential instructions and funding. 

* Governor Kwankwaso hands over the letter of appointment to the new Emir of Kano. Photo credit – Sani Maikatanga

He further emphasised that the protests and destruction of governmental property in the state are being ignited and encouraged because it is being controlled by the All Progressives Congress (APC).

In particular, he reminded that in Gombe a similar procedure had been completed a couple of days ago. Kwankwaso said the new emir was elected there without any tensions because the state is controlled by the PDP.

The governor further confirmed that the police laid a siege on the emir’s palace and intended to arrest the emir, therefore HRH Sanusi Lamido Sanisu could not move there, put the responsibility on the president.

Kwankwaso informed that 92% of Kano population were APC supporters, while the remaining 8% were “brewing and supporting crisis”.

It would be added that PREMIUM TIMES’ attempts to get comments on the statements given above have not been successful, as presidential aides Reuben Abati and Doyin Okupe were not available.

The relationship between Governor Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso and President Goodluck Jonathan used to be warm and hearty. However, after the governor dumped PDP for APC in 2013 they are being on decline. Both politicians used tough words against one another accusing each other of corruption and unprofessionalism.

 

Source: Legit

Online view pixel