Groom Gruesomely Murders Pregnant ride 11 Days After Their Wedding

Groom Gruesomely Murders Pregnant ride 11 Days After Their Wedding

The Oyo State Police Command is currently battling to unravel the motive behind the murder of a 21-year-old pregnant woman, Mrs Busola Afolabi-Haruna, 11 days after her wedding ceremony.

Late Busola had her Nikkah ceremony on Saturday, February 15, a day after Valentine’s Day, in Ibadan, but had her life and that of her unborn baby cut short with hot lead pumped into her skull from the gun of unknown hoodlums on Wednesday, February 26.

The bullet reportedly penetrated the skull and left a gaping hole at the nape of her neck, with her brain tissues spattering all over the car seat she occupied.

New investigation reveal that her husband is kinda responsible for her death.

Saturday Tribune learnt that Busola’s husband, Mr Yemi Haruna, told policemen at Oluyole Division, Ibadan, that at about 10.30p.m, he drove his car towards their home at Elebu area of Ibadan, with his wife occupying the front passenger seat. As he stepped out to open his residence’s gate in order to drive in, according to him, three armed men appeared from the dark and struggled to get his car key from him.

Haruna told the police that he quickly made for the car and instructed his wife to lock her side of the door, but before he could reach the car, one of the armed robbers aimed at his wife and shot her.

However, the parents and siblings of the deceased are crying foul, saying that Busola was murdered for reasons best known to the perpetrator(s).

According to Mrs Tosin Afolabi, elder sister of the deceased, “my sister met her husband, Yemi Haruna, in 2013 and their relationship did not last more than three months when she got pregnant. She celebrated her 21st birthday in his house on July 4, 2013, after which she informed my mother that she was pregnant. Her husband, Yemi, was invited by my mother and she asked him of the kind of job he was doing. He replied that he was into petroleum business.

 “He also told her that he had never been married but we later learnt that he had a wife who bore him a child but had packed out of his house. Mummy called him again to ask if it was true and he replied in the affirmative, saying that the relationship was not approved by her family because the lady was a Christian.

“The wedding ceremony between Yemi and my sister took place on Saturday, February 15, but on Monday, February 24, we got information that he was not into petroleum business as he claimed. I asked my sister and she became worried as she said it was a confirmation of what her sister-in-law told her on her wedding day.

“I asked him where my sister was but he cut off the line. I called him back repeatedly but he didn’t pick my call until the third time. I repeated my question and he replied that he didn’t know the hospital because it was neighbours who took her to the hospital. He told me he was at police station to obtain report and he cut the line.

“I called him again and he said he was told that my sister was taken to Lad Hospital. Since the hospital is about five buildings away from my residence, I went there. The security officer there told me that she was dead and her body had been taken away. I screamed and pointed at the husband’s car parked within the premises, but they said he went away with the police.

“I left for my father’s place and we all returned to the hospital but were not allowed in. We started calling Yemi again but he did not pick our calls. My mother called Yemi’s mother to help us call him so that we would know Busola’s condition. Yemi later picked my father’s call at about 2:00a.m. and said he was at the police station and would get back to us when he was through.

When we didn’t hear from him, we started calling him, but again, he didn’t pick the calls. We gave his number to my elder brother and he called Yemi at about 3:00a.m. Since Yemi was not familiar with his number, he picked the call for two seconds and all my brother said he heard was a ringing laughter at the background before he cut the line.

 “At about 6.30a.m., on Thursday, he picked our call and when we asked why he did not answer our previous calls, he said he forgot his phones in a car. We told him to show up at the hospital because the hospital staff said they would not release the corpse without the presence of the person who brought it. He told us he was still at the police station.

“Till my sister was taken from Lad Hospital to Teju Hospital, Ring Road, to remove the foetus inside her, Yemi did not show up. My mother and I decided to meet him at the police station and we were shocked when we saw how they brought a table before him to eat. In annoyance, I berated him for having the appetite to eat while my sister was yet to be buried.

“When we closely observed the corpse of my sister, we noticed that the bullets tore through the back of her head, believing that she was shot in the mouth. We saw the empty cartridge shell in Yemi’s car and part of Busola’s brain tissues on the seat where she sat.

“We also noticed her dress was torn but the police claimed they were the ones who tore the dress when they wanted to examine her. Yemi did not follow us to Teju Hospital where his wife was operated to remove the foetus before burial.”

The father of the deceased, Alhaji Tajudeen Afolabi, also appealed to Oyo State Police Command to help him unravel the mystery behind his daughter’s death. He added that he believed his daughter was murdered.

“Where I am confused is this: Busola and her husband came together in the car driven by him. He went to open the gate to go in when the armed robbers emerged as he claimed. He that drove the car and was at the gate was not shot; it was my daughter who sat in the car that was shot at close range. The car was not taken away; no item was picked from the car. That is why I am insisting that my daughter was not killed by armed robbers; she was murdered.”

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Olabisi Okuwobi-Ilobanafor, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, said the command was aware of the case, adding that the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Mr Clement Adoda, had instructed that all the allegations raised be investigated.


Online view pixel