The Nigerian senate will start the screening of ministerial nominees sent to it by President Muhammadu Buhari today, October 13.
Many Nigerians have questioned the president’s list, saying that the promise of appointing technocrats that the president made some months back have been defeated with the present list.
This is because most of the names that featured on the list are prominent politicians who have been associated with the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) for a long time, making people believe that they are professional politicians.
Many do not know that these politicians were professionals before joining active politics. The senate on its part, has started doling out the Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the nominees in order to let Nigerians know their background and their past achievements.
Below is the CV of Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the ministerial nominee from Kwara state and the current national publicity secretary of the APC.
* Mohammed was born on December 6 1951 and he is from Irepodun local government of Kwara state.
* He holds a B.A. (Hons) French (1976) (Ife), LL.B (1985) (Unilag) & B.L (Hons) (Nigerian Law School) (1986)
* He also attended Centre Audio Visuel de Langues Modernes, Vichy France.
* He worked as as Senior PRO, Principal PRO & Assistant Cheif PROat the Nigerian Ports Authority between 1978 & 1987
* He was Principal Partner at Edu & Mohammed (Attorneys - At - Law) between 1989 and 1999.
* He is also a fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) and the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA).
* He was a foundation member of the Social Democratic Party and member of the National Democratic Coalition.
* He was the coordinator of Bola Tinubu Campaign Organisation in 1998 and later served as Chief of Staff to Tinubu between 1999-2002.
* He later contested for the governorship position in Kwara state under the platform of the Alliance for Democracy.
* Lai Mohammed is the author of the book
Meanwhile, Mohammed has stated that he deserves his ministerial nomination by Buhari. Addressing journalists in Ilorin, the Kwara state capital recently, over some group’s protest regarding his nomination, Mohammed said he contributed to the successes of the APC in the state, adding that those protesting are free to cross-check.