Baby dies from severe burns

Baby dies from severe burns

An 8-month-old baby, James died on Monday after he accidentally poured hot water on himself at Masaka in Karu Local Government Area of Nasarawa State.

The baby had crawled out of the house to play with other children in the neighbourhood when the incident happened.

It was gathered that the baby who was learning how to walk in a bid to support himself get up, clutched the container with hot water and it poured on him.

He was rushed to the hospital but unfortunately he died of severe burns.

The neighbour who kept the hot water outside said she had gone in to pick something when she heard people shouting outside, only for her to come out and discover the baby had been burnt by the water.

According to an eyewitness, the baby loves to play with water and had earlier been rescued from harming himself while playing hot water inside his mother’s cooking pot.

The Police in the area however said the incident was not reported to them.


Online view pixel