For most people, Africa is known for negative things. For instance high rate of unemployment, poverty, crime rate and all forgetting the positives that the continent possesses.
Here are some interesting fact you might not know about the continent.
1.The Gambia has only one university.
2. Equatorial Guinea is Africa’s only Spanish speaking country.
3. South Africa is the most visited African country.
4. Nigeria has the richest Black people in Africa.
5. Samuel Eto’o is the highest paid Footballer of all time, he received about £350,000 weekly in
Russia in 2011.
6. A person from Botswana is called a Motswana the plural is Batswana.
7. A person from Lesotho is called a Mosotho.
8. A person from Niger is called a Nigerien.
9. Nigeria has won more football cups than England.
10. Zimbabwe’s President, Robert Gabriel Mugabe is the world’s most educated President with 7 degrees, two of them are Masters.
11. Al-Ahly of Egypt is the richest club in Africa.
12. Didier Drogba is Chelsea’s highest goalscorer in European competition.
READ ALSO: AMAZING! Two BBA Stars Tie The Knot (Photos)
13. President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo is Africa’s longest serving Head of State. He has
ruled Equatorial Guinea since August 3, 1979when he overthrew his uncle, Francisco Nguema. His
son, Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue is his Vice President and will succeed him if he resigns.
14. Zinedine Zidane wanted to play for Algeria, but the selector rejected him, saying they are
already many players like him in the team.
15. President Jacob Zuma was once a referee in prison.
16. President Robert Mugabe is Africa’s oldest Head of State and the world’s second oldest Head of State. He was born in 1924.
17. The Seychellois are the most educated Africans. Seychelles’ literacy rates (Adult: 92%, Youth: 99%)
Zimbabwe is 2nd (Adult: 91.2%, Youth: 99%).
18. Rwanda is a better country for gender equality than England and USA. 19. Somalia got its first ATM on October 7, 2014.
20. South Africa has the most Grammy award winners in Africa.
21. Ethiopia has the most airports in Africa.
22. Ethiopia’s economy is growing faster than China’s.
23. Ethiopia is Africa’s oldest independent country, it has existed for over 3,000 years without being
24. Nigeria has the most monarchs in the world.
25. Angola has more Portuguese speakers than Portugal.
Over the weekend, four Nigerians were awarded by the queen of England.