Nigerian news All categories All tags
THE UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About Space

THE UNIVERSE: Amazing Facts About Space

Space can be described as the phenomenon of infinity. There are probably more than 170 billion galaxies in the universe and each of them has numerous unknown features. These facts prove it. 

1. There may be a huge black hole in the very middle of the most of the galaxies.

 

2. A day on Mercury lasts approximately as long as 59 days on Earth.

3. The red colour of Mars is due to oxidized (rusted) iron in its soil.

4. In summer in Uranus, the sun does not set for 20 years. In winter, darkness lasts for 20 years. In autumn, the sun rises and sets every 9 hours.

5. The Sun is about 5 billion years old and half way through its life – as a medium-sized star it will probably live for around 10 billion years.

6. It takes 225 million years for our Sun to travel round the galaxy.

7. A spoonful of a neutron star weighs about a billion tons.

8. There could be 500 million planets capable of supporting life in our galaxy.

9. All the stars, galaxies, and black holes in the universe only comprise about 5% of its mass. As crazy as it sounds, the other 95% is unaccounted for.

10. For those of you considering opening your own pubs, there is probably no place better than Sagittarius B. Although it is 26,000 light years away this interstellar cloud of gas and dust contains over a billion litres of vinyl alcohol.

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel