PDP Tasks Security Agencies To Find Attackers Of GEJ’s Bus

PDP Tasks Security Agencies To Find Attackers Of GEJ’s Bus

More than 24 hours after some branded campaign vehicles belonging to the President Goodluck Jonathan Presidential Campaign Organisation were burnt in Jos, Plateau State, the national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has called on security agencies to fish out those responsible for the incident.

According to a statement issued by PDP's National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, in Abuja, on Sunday, the ruling party decried the unprovoked attack which it said was a barbaric act that should be condemned by all lovers of democracy.

The statement added that the agenda of sponsors of the attack was to provoke revenge and counter-attacks, but called for restrain from all quarters.

According to Metuh, the nation cannot afford any kind of tension at this stage of its political development.”

He noted that the party remained committed to peace and as such directed all its members not to retaliate despite provocations.

The statement said, “The PDP is totally committed to the unity and peace of our dear nation. This is paramount and must not be compromised. Those who seek to use violence to truncate the electoral process and destabilise our nation will be utterly disappointed. Our country will continue to be and the 2015 general election will come and go peacefully.”

READ ALSO: 10 Things Happened This Week Nigerians Need To Know

While calling on the law enforcement agencies to rise up to the challenge and bring to book all those behind the condemnable act, it observed that it would serve as deterrent to violent prone youths and their sponsors.

“Our prayer is that God should keep Nigeria from being ruined by the over-flowing troubles of greedy and corrupt politicians; and our future being marred on account of personal or sectional interest.

"We urge every Nigerian, therefore, to include the peaceful conduct of the 2015 general elections in their prayers for 30 days, beginning from the January 15,” the statement stated.

Meanwhile, the Nigeria’s Special Task Force (STF) in Jos has announced that it has arrested six suspects over the attack on PDP campaign bus.

The spokesman of STF, Ikedichi Iweha, made the disclosure on Sunday, according to Premium Times.

While the official did not specify how many people had been arrested in connection with the violence, a witness disclosed that no fewer than six people had been detained in connection with the incident.

Meanwhile, the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.),  in his reaction to the attack, condemned the attack, saying he did not support those who resort to terror.

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel