Nigerian news All categories All tags
Survey Claims Jonathan Will Win South-West In 2015

Survey Claims Jonathan Will Win South-West In 2015

President Goodluck Jonathan electoral hopes in the South-West zone got a major boost recently as an opinion poll conducted by a political group, ‘Forerunners Group’, indicates that the President will win en-masse in the zone, Daily Independent reports.

Survey Claims Jonathan Will Win South-West In 2015

President Jonathan during his declaration of interest at the Eagles Square, Abuja recently.

'Forerunners Group’ officials told newsmen in Ibadan, that 58.2 per cent of the non-partisan persons in the zone had declared support for the president’s re-election next year. Hareter Babatunde Oralusi, Director-General of the group, said the group arrived at the percentage based on an independent survey (opinion poll) conducted by them.

READ ALSO: Survey Reveals Personal Well-being of Nigerians declining

According to him, “the phase one of the poll conducted in the South West is to determine the number of the people registered with political parties and the statistics show that 14.6 per cent of the population in the region are card carrying members of one political party or the other and this indicated that 85.4 per cent are non-partisan.

“The phase two is to determine the size of non-partisan general public in the South West that is willing to support President Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election in 2015 and the outcome showed that 58.2 per cent of the non-partisan persons were willing to support President Jonathan’s re-election.

“Out of the voting population, 12.6 per cent of non-partisan persons were undecided on who they were willing to support, while 29.2 per cent of non-partisan persons were willing to support other candidates from different political parties,”  He concluded.

READ ALSO: GEJ’s Fans Can’t Vote- PDP

He added that: “President Goodluck Jonathan will not only be re-elected as president but he will be re-elected with overwhelming majority votes.

Recently, news website, Sahara reporters, conducted a survey for 24 hours where they asked their readers who they would vote for in the elections. APC's presidential candidate, General (rtd) Muhammadu Buhari came out tops in the poll.

Source: Legit.ng

Tags:
Mailfire view pixel