A Chadian official allegedly said November 4 that negotiations with Boko Haram regarding the release of more than 200 Chibok girls abducted in April continue.
It was added that the talks were ongoing despite what had been claimed by the sect leader Abubakar Shekau in the latest video released October 31, Reuters reports.
It would be recalled that Shekau had insisted that the school girls had been married to Boko Haram militants and taken to their marital homes.
Regarding the ceasefire agreement allegedly concluded between the Federal Government and the sect in Chad, Shekau said such deal had never existed at all.
A senior Chadian diplomat said:
"We have a huge interest in resolving these talks. We're worried that they'll come here next."
The center of Boko Haram activity is located less than 100 kilometres from the Chadian capital. A security source in the country spoke earlier this month about sleeper cells of Boko Haram in the Lake Chad region. However they are no longer "sleeping", the source provides the update now, adding that "they have started waking".
READ ALSO: Chibok Girls: Of Course No Agreement Reached Yet, Press ‘Misunderstood’ Reports – FGIt would be noted that the Nigerian government was highly criticized after the news about the ceasefire deal broke out. Many claimed the agreement was fake.
The devastated Chibok parents expressed shock and disappointment upon seeing Shekau's new video, in which the terrorist said that the girls would not come back home.
Meanwhile the Federal Government insists that the negotiations regarding the children's release are still ongoing.