Legit.ng, ex NAIJ.com, is a #1 Nigerian digital news site of new generation. It embodies the era in which it has been created: dynamic, informative, controversial, entertaining.
Currently, we offer news, videos, best social media and mobile apps experience to the members of our multi-million community.
However, delivering information to our audience has been our primary aim since 2012.
The basic principles for achieving this goal are given in the Manifesto of our project.
1. Legit.ng is an independent source of information. It exists on money from advertising and it is not being financed or influenced by government, parties, or by private individuals.
2. Our aim is to collect information from all the available sources, systematise it and explain it in a really understandable and neutral manner. As a result, we provide high quality, reliable and affordable media products related to different spheres of people's lives, including politics, culture, education, technology and etc., for promoting knowledge, development, political stability and economic prosperity.
3. All the stories at Legit.ng shall avoid a single-sided reflection of the situation (unless it is the author’s opinion). The site is not liable for the author’s point of view, but, at the same time Legit.ng reserves the right to publish alternative visions, as long as they are not considered to be propaganda, do not justify violence, do not lead to the sparking of enmity.
4. The news site often deals with challenging and controversial content, which may offend some of the audience some of the time. But it also contributes to diversity of content in the media and to fulfilling Legit.ng’s function to encourage and promote all the spheres of life and all views. Legit.ng acknowledges that an editor should never gratuitously harm or offend and, accordingly, any content which is likely to harm or offend must have a clear editorial purpose.
5. Legit.ng always refers to the initial source of information and makes a clear reference to it, whenever possible.
6. The editorial team makes every effort to verify the data. The facts in our articles are instantly amended, so that maximum integrity, accuracy and precision are achieved. The users have an opportunity to contribute to this process as well.
7. Legit.ng takes into consideration the versatility of its readers' interests. It is open for cooperation with independent contributors. Information from readers, as well as reports from social media, is used on a regular basis.
We will try to be as transparent with you as possible! Thanks for reading us!