Suspected Ritualists Kill 3 in Lagos

Suspected Ritualists Kill 3 in Lagos

Suspected ritualists in a black car in Lagos, on Monday, killed three of their victims while two others who could not be used for sacrifice were set free. The ritualists numbering three were said to have abducted five boys from different streets in Lagos and took them to an unknown destination in the metropolis.

One of the survivors, Kudus Lawal, 11, was abducted at about 5.30 am as he was urinating in front of his home at Barra Street, Aiyetoro, Ajegunle. Lawal said the men forced him into their vehicle and threatened to kill him if he raised the alarm. The abductors drove him and other boys in the vehicle to an area he did not know. Meanwhile, his parents and neighbours formed a search party, which searched the neighbourhood for him.

When they could not find the missing child, they reported the case at the Ajegunle Police Station. In the afternoon, Lawal phoned a member of his family that he was abducted, alongside four boys by some criminals. He said the evil perpetrators later dumped him and another victim on Eko Bridge, Lagos.

His relation instructed him to beg any commercial motorcycle to bring him to Boundary Bus-stop, Ajegunle, assuring that they would pay the fare on arrival. When the child arrived Boundary and narrated how he escaped death by the whiskers, his relations and sympathisers praised God for keeping him alive. The boy was later moved to Ajegunle Police Station where they informed the Divisional Police Officer, Mr. Yomi Agbana, a superintendent of police, how the lad escaped death.

Lawal told Daily Sun that he did not know the area they were taken by their abductors. His words: “We were five people they abducted into a car. They drove us to somewhere I don’t know. They tried us with their charms. They said the other three victims were okay for the sacrifice. They said me and the other victim have very strong spirits and they cannot use us. One of them ordered that they should take us (me and another victim) back.

They dropped us on top of a bridge. I boarded a commercial motorcycle to Boundary. I don’t know the other victim. I left him there (on the bridge). I was scared,” said Lawal. One of his uncles who identified himself as Lekan said, “we thank God the child returned safely. It is not everybody that had been abducted that was released alive.

The ritualists only released two out of five of them. The other three were unlucky. So we thank God. His mother cannot tell you anything now and we cannot allow you to publish the picture of the victim on print,” said Lekan.


Online view pixel