Burial of General Ibrahim Attahiru: List of Governors That Went to Malami's Son Wedding
- Some Nigerian governors did not honour the late COAS with their presence at his burial
- Instead, they were at the marriage ceremony of AGF Malami's son
- Meanwhile, many Nigerians were unhappy with this development
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
As Nigerians continue to mourn the death of General Ibrahim Attahiru, Chief of Army Staff, and 10 others who died in a plane crash, it becomes a tale of two tales as some governors and government functionaries were present at the burial of the departed officers while others chose to honour the living by celebrating with Abubakar Malami, Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice on the wedding of his son, Daily Trust reports.
In this report, Legit.ng reveals the list of governors, government officials that attended the two events.
Premium Times added that those that attended the wedding include:
1. Zamfara state governor, Bello Matawalle
2. Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto state
3. Governor Inuwa Yahaya of Gombe state
4. Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano
5. Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi
Those that attended the burial are:
1. Governors Babagana Zulum of Borno state
2. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state
3. Mai Mala Buni of Yobe
Other government officials include:
1. Lai Mohammed - Minister of Information
2. Bashir Magashi - Minister of Defence
3. Prof. Ibrahim Gambari - Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari
4. Gen. Lucky Irabor - Chief of Defence Staff
5. Rear Admiral Awwal Gambo - Chief of Naval Staff
6. Acting IGP, Usman Baba
Meanwhile, Nigerians are not happy with the development, wit many people slamming the governors.
"If it is true that at the time Nigeria is going through a national tragedy of losing our revered hero, General Attahiru, but some Northern Governors are busy celebrating a wedding ceremony of a Attorney General/Justice Minister’s son, in Nigeria, then this is a double tragedy.
"The same General Attahiru & his team work tirelessly & unceasingly to provide the security of lives of properties for some of the states where these Governors lead.
"The least they owe him is last respect from his last day on earth, after a dutiful and heroic exit.
"While the nation mourns the death of COAS and other military officers, some Northern Governors and friends of the AGF, Malami gathered in Kano to celebrate his son's wedding."
Recall that Legit.ng had reported that the late Chief of Army Staff and other officers have been laid to rest at the National Military Cemetery, Abuja on Saturday.
Honour guards performed the 21-gun salute for the late COAS at the graveside.
A live video from the burial ceremony of the deceased heroes was posted on the Facebook page of the Nigerian Army.