Genk's director makes stunning statement on Paul Onuachu's future after netting 22 goals

Genk's director makes stunning statement on Paul Onuachu's future after netting 22 goals

- Paul Onuachu has been linked with a move away from Belgian side Genk

- The Super Eagles star has been incredible this season for Genk scoring 22 goals

- Some Premier League giants are interested in the signing of Paul Onuachu

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

Dimitri Conde who is the technical director of Belgian giant Genk has explained that it will be hard for the club to keep impressive Nigerian striker Paul Onuachu.

The Super Eagles striker has been in incredible form this season for Genk scoring 22 goals so far in the Belgian League which is very awesome for the Nigerian.

His impressive performances this term for Genk has caught the attention of many clubs in Europe with some Premier League sides said to be ready to sign him.

According to the report on Complete Sports, Conde explained that the club are aware that many sides in Europe are interested in the signing of Paul Onuachu.

Read also

Super Eagles star on fire, scores brace again and now a contender for European Golden boot

“He’s 27. He’s a top scorer. It’s not a goal to sell him on. But if he continues to perform like this, of course we will do everything we can to keep him. But there will be a lot of interest”
“Paul Onuachu will score everywhere, also in the Premier League. He will even be on the list of top clubs if they search for his type of striker to complement their core,”He stated.
“In the Champions League he played strong against Liverpool last year, which has a fantastic defence. That was his reference game; even Jürgen Klopp said afterwards that they were having a hard time with Paul.”
Paul Onuachu
Paul Onuachu in action for Genk. Photo by Philippe Crochet
Source: Getty Images

Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how Yakubu Aiyegbeni decided to add more salts to the wound of Nigerians after stating emphatically that he won't tender an apology for the goal he missed against South Korea at the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

Read also

Chelsea fans go angry after new manager Thomas Tuchel says strange thing about title challenge

June 22, 2010, was a bad day for all football fraternities in Nigeria as the former Super Eagles star had a glorious chance to give the West African nation a victory over South Korea in a must-win encounter.

Aiyegbeni had only the goalkeeper of South Korea to beat in the World Cup encounter, but the former Everton man was unable to score which made Nigerians angry.

Since then, references have been made to the miss by Yakubu Aiyegbeni as many Nigerian football lovers are still finding it hard to forget about it.

Source: Legit

Online view pixel