The high rate of the cases of COVID-19 has again forced the federal government of Nigeria to make some restrictions that may hinder the activities of the residents of the country.
Legit.ng reports that the chairman of the Presidential Task Force of COVID-19 and Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, on Monday, December 21, announced the new restrictions to forestall the spread of the virus among the people.
He explained that the directives were advisories issued to state authorities for implementation in the next five weeks.
It would be recalled that the cases suddenly rose as some governors including Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos state, Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state have been in isolation for some days.
However, apart from the directive that says that certain events should be held outdoors only, the PTF also announced other vital information as regards the COVID-19.
Here are the other things FG asked Nigerians to do:
1. A stay at home order for all government workers up to level 12 for the next 5 weeks
Mustapha explained that the directives were advisories issued to state authorities for implementation in the next five weeks.
He said all government staff on GL.12 and below are to stay at home for the next 5 weeks, adding that permanent secretaries and chief executives would be held accountable for enforcing NPI rules in their domains.
2. Schools to remain shut till January 18, 2021
The SGF said that the PTF on the advice of the federal ministry of education expects that schools would have vacated from December 18, and remain closed till at least January 18, 2021, to enable the measures introduced to take effect.
3. Restrictions have been placed on social and religious gatherings
He said that all religious activities must be done in accordance with the COVID-19 protocols
4. All bars, night clubs and recreation centres are to remain shut till further notice
The PTF further noted that all bars, nightclubs, pubs and event centres, and recreational venues, all restaurants except those providing services to hotel residents; takeaways, home deliveries and drive-ins would remain closed.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the Lagos state government gave an update on Governor Babjide Sanwo-Olu's rate of recovery from COVID-19 which he contracted recently.
It was reported that the state government on Monday, December 21, informed Lagosians that the governor is not just doing very well medically at the moment but is also stable.
The announcement was made by Sanwo-Olu's chief press secretary, Gboyega Akosile, who also sent his principal's appreciation to the people of the state for their support and prayers.
The governor's CPS noted that he is expected to come back from isolation and resume his duties very soon.
COVID-19: Is Nigeria ready for another lockdown | - on Legit TV