Former minister Ezekwesili speaks after Kankara schoolboys’ return, berates Buhari

Former minister Ezekwesili speaks after Kankara schoolboys’ return, berates Buhari

A former minister of education, Oby Ezekwesili, has lambasted Buhari over the abduction of Kankara schoolboys

- The students were released by the abductors on Thursday, December 17, after spending six days in captivity

- Ezekwesili, however, said that it would be ridiculous for her to congratulate the president over the release of the boys

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Oby Ezekwesili, a former minister of education, has reacted over the abduction and eventual release of hundreds of students from the Government Science Secondary School in Kankara local government area of Katsina state.

Speaking on Channels TV, she said there is a problem President Muhammadu Buhari needs to address, saying the countries around the world think Nigeria is a joke.

Legit.ng gathered that Ezekwesili said that the country should not be taken for a ride by the president and his government.

Read also

Kidnappers raid Mosque, abduct traditional ruler in Kogi

Former minister Ezekwsili speaks after Kankara schoolboys’ return, berates Buhari
The newly released abducted Kankara schoolboys visited President Muhammadu Buhari in Aso Villa. Credit: @NGRPresident
Source: Facebook

She said:

“He (Buhari) needs to tell us exactly what happened with the Kankara kids; there is a problem here. This country should not be taken for a ride by President Buhari and his government; This is very unbecoming and the whole world is laughing at us. They think we are jokers.
“Many countries did not even bother to show that anything had happened in our country because they felt who are these people and what are they doing to themselves?”

The former minister, who is also a co-convener of the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) campaign, however, noted that the return of the schoolboys was a welcome development.

She queried how it was possible for the abductors to storm the school and kidnap children of such a large number without any form of signal that such an incident was about to happen.

Ezekwesili also wondered how governmental systems were unable to alert anyone that the children had been carted off from their school, saying the same question was asked when the Chibok girls were taken in 2014.

Read also

Top PDP governor reacts as APC says a northwest state's governor behind banditry

She stressed that neither the president nor the authorities deserved to be commended, claiming that they created the problem in the first instance.

The former minister stated that there was no cause to celebrate but to be thankful for the students' lives.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that Ayodele Fayose reacted to the release of the Kankara schoolboys with the former governor of Ekiti state saying the development is shrouded in secrecy.

It was reported that Fayose reacted to the Kankara abduction in a series of tweets on his official Twitter handle on Friday, December 18.

How best can President Buhari tackle insecurity | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel