Kankara: Released schoolboys finally arrive Katsina

Kankara: Released schoolboys finally arrive Katsina

- The Kankara schoolboys have safely returned to Katsina state after about one week of being in captivity

- The boys arrived at the state in the morning of Friday, December 18

- Governor Bello Masari had claimed that the Miyetti Allah group was very instrumental in the release of the boys

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Students of Government Science Secondary School, Kankara who were released on Thursday, December 17, after being kidnapped for about a week by an armed gang, have finally arrived in Katsina state.

The Punch reports that the once-abducted boys were escorted by security operatives to the state capital on Friday, December 18.

Reliable reports claim that some of the students were still in their school uniforms.

Kankara: Released schoolboys finally arrive Katsina
Some of the released Kankara boys who arrived Katsina on Friday, December 18 (Photo: @GovernorMasari
Source: UGC

Before the students' arrival, Governor Bello Masari had claimed that the release was the outcome of a joint effort from the military, the police and the Miyetti Allah group.

Read also

I negotiated release of Kankara schoolboys without paying a dime, says Gov Matawalle

Masari also denied claims that the state government paid a ransom in cash to secure the boys' freedom.

Speaking on how the abducted students were freed, the governor explained that the military, the police, his special senior adviser on security, Mallam Ibrahim Katsina, and the MACBAN were directly involved in the process.

He said:

“Those involved in the negotiation include my adviser, some top military and police operatives, members of Miyetti Allah; (they) where all involved in the negotiation.”

Earlier, the special assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on social media, Lauretta Onochie, had said the state government announced the release of over 500 schoolboys abducted on Friday, December 11, at Kankara local government area of the state.

Legit.ng reports that Onochie said that the state government led by Governor Masari confirmed the release of the boys on the evening of Thursday, December 17.

Read also

Kankara abduction: This group was responsible for the boys' release - Masara reveals, speaks on ransom

Also corroborating the report, the personal assistant to the president on new media, Bashir Ahmad, in a tweet said that the abducted schoolboys had been rescued.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

How best can President Buhari tackle insecurity | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel