Kankara abduction: Tears as 18-year-old student narrates how his colleagues were abducted

Kankara abduction: Tears as 18-year-old student narrates how his colleagues were abducted

- Osama Aminu Maale, one of the Kankara students who was abducted has narrated his experience

- Suspected gunmen abducted over 500 students of the school on Friday, December 11

- Maale said his colleagues were taken away by the bandits at gunpoint

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

Barely three days after about 600 students were abducted in Kankara local government area of Katsina state, an 18-year-old student of the school, Osama Aminu Maale, has narrated how he escaped from bandits.

Punch reports that Maale said 520 students were abducted when the armed bandits stormed the school on the night of Friday, December 11.

Kankara abduction: Tears as 18-year-old student narrates how his colleagues were abducted
Governor Bello Masari of Katsina state said that the Army would soon rescue all the abducted students. Credit: @GovernorMasari
Source: Facebook

Legit.ng gathered that he said the hostages were split into groups before he and four others escaped.

The federal government had said efforts were on to rescue the students abducted by armed men who raided their hostels.

Read also

Newspapers review: How bandits killed 2 Katsina students - Escapee narrates ordeal

According to the report, UN children’s agency, UNICEF condemned the assault on the school in Katsina, the home state of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Aminu Masari, the state governor, had on Saturday, December 12, said during his visit to the school that soldiers were working to locate and free the hostages.

Masari said it was still not clear how many students were “in the hands of the bandits” and how many had managed to escape.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the president-general of the Jama’atu Nasril Islam (JNI) and Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar III, condemned the abduction of the Kankara’s students in Katsina state.

It was reported that the Sultan, in a statement issued on Monday, December 14, by the JNI secretary-general, Khalid Aliyu, said the development pointed to lapses in Nigeria’s security architecture that needs to be urgently addressed.

Read also

Tension as Boko Haram claims responsibility for abduction of Katsina students, reveals why it carried out attack

In another report, some days after the abduction of students from a government-owned secondary school in Kankara, Katsina state, the Boko Haram group has claimed responsibility for the attack.

The report stated that the wanted insurgent claimed the raid on the school was done to promote Islam and discourage un-Islamic practices.

Shekau was reported to have criticized the teaching of the school, saying they are not teaching what Allah and his Holy Prophet commanded.

How best can President Buhari tackle insecurity | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel