Keyamo announces January 21 as final take-off date for 774,000 jobs

Keyamo announces January 21 as final take-off date for 774,000 jobs

- After initial delays, the special work programme designed to engage 774,000 Nigerians will take off in January 2021

- Labour minister (state), Festus Keyamo, disclosed this, adding that an official announcement would soon be made

- The minister also shed light on how the programme will be run, especially the method of paying the participants

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

The federal government has announced that it will finally commence the implementation of the special job initiative which is designed to employ 774,000 Nigerians on Tuesday, January 5, 2021.

The Nation reports that the minister of state for labour and employment, Festus Keyamo, made this known on Sunday, December 13.

Legit.ng notes that the 774, 000 Special Public Works (SPW) programme is designed for artisans to do public works for three months and get paid N20,000 per month.

Read also

Nigerian elites responsible for what Nigeria is and what it can become, says Buhari

774,000 jobs: Keyamo says take-off date is now January 21
Labour minister (state), Keyamo, announces January 21 as final take-off date for 774,000 jobs. Photo credit: Festus Keyamo, ESQ
Source: Facebook

The Nation notes that the programme suffered setbacks in commencement date because of the internal wrangling between the minister and former director-general of the National Directorate of Employment (NDE), Nasir Ladan.

Meanwhile, Ladan was recently sacked by President Muhammadu Buhari. It is not clear if his removal was as a result of the clash with the minister.

Keyamo added that he would officially make an announcement regarding the commencement of the programme on Wednesday, December 16, at the end of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting.

He also said only banks approved by the president would be used for the payment of the participants’ stipends.

The applicants, the minister explained further, will be paid through their bank accounts using their Bank Verification Numbers (BVN) to avoid fraud and double payment.

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update

Legit.ng had previously reported that after a stiff battle with top National Assembly members, Keyamo retained the sharing formula for the 774,000 jobs proposed by the federal government.

Read also

Many Nigerian graduates can't read or write - Buhari's minister cries out

The minister revealed that the initial plan to allocate 15% of the job slots to governors, NASS members, ministers and interest groups still stands.

Keyamo also denied the claims that he gave instructions for a 40% rise to politicians.

N-Power Project: I Graduated in 2005 and Have Been Unemployed Before N-Power Fixed Me Up Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel