- Nigerians have been urged by the minister of information, Lai Mohammed, to be patient with the military
- According to him, the recent killings in Borno does not reflect progress made by the military
- Mohammed said the attack on the farmers is the tactics of a losing terror group to remain relevant
No matter the situation we find ourselves in, there is still hope and we don't need to let go of this. This is the message of the federal government following the killing of farmers in Borno state by Boko Haram members.
The government consequently urged Nigerians not to lose hope in the capability and commitment of the military to defeating the terrorists.
This was disclosed by the minister of information and culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed during a meeting with online publishers.
He said the recent killings do not reflect the progress being made by the military against Boko Haram, Leadership Newspaper reports.
“Going after soft targets is an act of weakness and desperation by the terrorists who have suffered huge setbacks in the hands of the military in recent times."
“The modus operandi of a losing terror group is to go after soft targets in order to stay relevant and it’s not only Boko Haram that does that.
“In 2019, Al-Shabab attacked DusitD2 Complex in Nairobi, Kenya, killing more than 20."
Recall that Legit.ng reported that Lai Mohammed said the Nigerian counter-insurgency operation suffered a setback because the federal government had been denied access to acquire weapons needed to fight the terrorists.
However, Mohammed who visited Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue in Makurdi, the state capital, did not disclose the reason foreign countries were refusing to sell arms to Nigeria.
In a swift reaction, Mohammed also refuted media reports quoting him as saying: “Nigeria is at the mercy of Boko Haram.”
Mohammed made the clarification at a meeting with online publishers on Tuesday, December 1, in Lagos.
The minister went on to describe the reports as social media abuse, sheer fabrication, and abuse of the platform.
Meanwhile, Governor Babagana Zulum made seven recommendations to the federal government to defeat the Boko Haram insurgents.
The Borno state governor made the recommendations when he received a delegation of the federal government which was in the state on a condolence visit.
Can Nigerian Soldiers really not deal with Boko Haram fighters? | Legit TV