- Cristiano Ronaldo is not done shattering records and setting new ones
- CR7 has now won 102 games with Portugal and the captain is closing in on the all-time record
- Ali Daei of Iran holds the record of the individual with most goals in international football
Cristiano Ronaldo is getting closer to becoming the all-time highest goal scorer in international football as the Portugal captain is just 7 goals from matching Ali Daei’s record.
With 102 goals and counting, Ronaldo is looking to catch-up with the Iranian legend who scored a staggering 109 goals for his country during his famous career.
And for every single game he plays, CR7 continues to threaten the record and he could equal it as soon as in 2021 when the international break rolls out again.
Ali Daei’s record has stood for an impressive 14 years, and not even Lionel Messi or Neymar have come anywhere near it, but Ronaldo is getting close.
“All records must be broken and I will beat that record," Ronaldo said before he scored twice against Sweden.
When Ronaldo's reached the magical 100 international goals milestone, his former team-mate at Manchester United team-mate Rio Ferdinand called the achievement 'crazy'.
“Some players don’t even get 100 goals in their whole career.” he said.
“This isn’t even about your club goals, this is just the national team. It’s crazy."
Below are the top 7 international goal scorers
1. Ali Daei (Iran) – 109 goals
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) – 102 goals
3. Mokhtar Dahari (Malaysia) – 88 goals
4. Ferenc Puskas (Hungary) – 84 goals
5. Godfrey Chitalu (Zambia) – 79 goals
6. Hussein Saeed (Iraq) – 78 goals
7. Pele (Brazil) 77 goals
Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that Cristiano Ronaldo inspired the Portugal to a 3-2 win over Croatia on Tuesday night, November 17, and the victory means the team captain is closing in on Sergio Ramos’ all-time record of international wins.
The 35-year-old has now surpassed Xavi to become third on the standings just behind Spanish stars Iker Casillas and Sergio Ramos in top spot.
With 101 wins for his nation in 170 appearances CR7 is third while Iker Casillas who has 167 international appearances won 121 of the matches to remain second.
We haven't gotten the houses FG promised us in 1994 - Siasia raises alarm | Legit TV