The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has released the names of candidates set to participate in the Imo North senatorial district bye-election.
The electoral commission said the list was released in compliance with an order of the Federal High Court.
INEC stated that the list contained the 14 political parties who will field candidates for the poll.
The list of candidates and their parties are:
1. Ndubueze Chiwuba Patrick Accord party
2. Emmanuel Ogueri - Action Alliance
3. Nathaniel Chukwudi Uba - African Action Congress
4. Chigozie Kennedy Onyinye - African Democratic Congress
5. Ifeanyi Godwin Araraume - All Progressives Congress)
6. Charles Chibuike Onyeirimba - All Progressive Grand Alliance
7. Raphael Nnadozie Mbachu - Allied Peoples Movement)
8. Ernest Ndidi Ezirim - Action Peoples Party
9. Okorondu Nwachukwu Sunday - Labour Party (LP)
10. Okeafor Augustine Chukwujieze - New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP)
11. Charles Okechukwu Amajouyi - National Rescue Movement (NRM)
12. Emmanuel E Okewulonu - Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
13. Rita Ada Ibemere Okorafor - Social Democratic Party (SDP)
14. Promise Anurika Nwadigos - Young Progressive Party (YPP)
Meanwhile, INEC has announced that all pending bye-elections across the country will be conducted on December 5.
The announcement was made by the commission on Friday, November 13, in a statement through its spokesperson, Festus Okoye.
The elections were supposed to have held on October 31 but were postponed due to protests in some parts of the country.
In another news, INEC has said that it cannot probe allegation of certificate forgery against Governor Godwin Obaseki.
The Action Democratic Party (APD) had claimed that Governor Obaseki forged his University of Ibadan certificate before he was declared as the winner of the last gubernatorial poll in Edo and therefore, called on INEC to investigate the allegation, Vanguard reported.
In its reaction to ADP's demand, the electoral body said that it cannot delve into such issues because it has no court order to that effect and that this is beyond the limits of its official responsibilities.
Mu'azu takes over INEC as Prof Yakubu awaits Senate confirmation | Legit TV