- Neymar has been ruled out of Brazil's World Cup qualifier vs Uruguay
- The 28-year-old picked up a groin injury during a Champions League game for PSG
- Coach Tite has now invited Flamengo striker Pedro as a replacement but the forward is still in the national team camp
Paris Saint Germain winger Neymar will not be available for Brazil when they take on Uruguay in their World Cup qualifier this month.
The 28-year-old was said to have suffered a groin injury while representing his French League side in the Champions League.
This development was confirmed by the country's FA confirmed he will miss the South American qualifying match on Tuesday, November 17 in Montevideo.
PSG boss Thomas Tuchel was quoted to have said that it would be 'impossible' for the former Barcelona forward to play for his national team after recovering from the injury according to ESPN.
However, Coach Tite was adamant about bringing the striker along for the game - a decision which has proven to be immaterial so far.
Neymar was already ruled out of their game against Venezuela after Brazil team doctor Rodrigo Lasmar refused to clear him for their game, saying his recovery after four days off training was not enough.
The 59-year-old has now invited Flamengo striker Pedro for the two games but with the PSG attacker not excused from their team camp.
Apart from Neymar, others who would miss the games are midfielders Philippe Coutinho and Fabinho, and defender Rodrigo Caio.
While defenders Eder Militao and Gabriel Menino did not make the list after contracting deadly coronavirus.
Legit.ng earlier reported that Paris-Saint-Germain star Neymar will be sued by Spanish giants Barcelona for overpaying the Brazilian footballer during his first two years at the Camp Nou.
Barcelona are said to have overpaid the Brazilian due to tax miscalculation which made the player to enjoy more income during his first 24 months as a Catalan.
And now that they have discovered what actually happened, Barcelona are interested in getting their money back which is in the region of £9 million around N4.5 Billion.
We haven't gotten the houses FG promised us in 1994 - Siasia raises alarm | Legit TV