Deontay Wilder challenges Tyson Fury to honour his agreement for trilogy fight

Deontay Wilder challenges Tyson Fury to honour his agreement for trilogy fight

- Deontay Wilder wants WBC champion Fury to keep his trilogy fight promises

- Both fighters were scheduled to meet for the third time this year but that looks like a mirage now

- Fury dethroned Wilder as the holder of the belt in February after beating him in the seventh round of their second outing

PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75000 or N38000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng

Former WBC champion Deontay Wilder is counting on Tyson Fury to fulfil his agreement for their trilogy fight.

The American boxer suffered his first defeat in the heavyweight category after his seventh-round defeat to the Gypsy King at the MGM Grand Arena earlier this year.

Not only did he lose the only belt he has held on to since January 2015, but he was also rushed to the hospital after his camp threw in the towel.

Panic as Lionel Messi finally gives Barcelona 5 condition before signing new contract

The 35-year-old pugilist has now told Fury to "honour his agreement" for a third fight. He said on Twitter:

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!

"It is time for you to be a man and give me my shot. The only thing I want from you is for you to honour your agreement and fight me. I gave you two shots when I didn't have to and it changed your life."

And this is coming days after the Briton was quoted telling Wilder that he would "never get a shot" as reported by BBC.

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan Zone'

Fury reacted to comments from the Bronze Bomber saying he tampered with his gloves before their meeting in February 2020.

Deontay Wilder challenges Tyson Fury to honour his agreement for trilogy fight

Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury during their second heavyweight bout in February 2020. Photo by Al Bello.
Source: Getty Images

The third fight between the two heavyweights was scheduled for the summer but the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic shattered the plans.

Super Eagles star 'begs' wife for dollars after she blesses him with naira and lovely gifts on his birthday (photo)

A second date was fixed for some time in October and that also failed to materialise and this led Fury to seek other plans, stating that their rematch clause has lapsed.

The 32-year-old later accused Wilder's camp of making attempts to push the fight back into 2021. He told boxing journalist Gareth A Davies on Monday:

"He will never get a shot at me now. Finished. For what he has said. Losing is one thing. I don't even want to give him any air time. That's it for him."

Legit.ng earlier reported that Tyson Fury has replied Deontay Wilder after claiming the Briton tampered with his gloves before their rematch in February.

The Gypsy King handed the American his first career defeat after forcing him to kiss the canvass in the seventh round.

Wilder's camp had to throw in the towel after they saw him bleeding through his ears and he was eventually rushed to the hospital.

Tyson Fury 'attacks' Wilder after accusing him of 1 shameful thing in their 2nd fight

We haven't gotten the houses FG promised us in 1994 - Siasia raises alarm | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel