- Tyronne Ebuehi in the Dutch League team of the month for October
- The defender who is on loan at FC Twente from Benfica was impressive for the club last month
- The Super Eagles star made four appearances and assisted one goal in the process
Nigerian defender Tyronne Ebuehi has been named in the Dutch League team of the month for October.
The 24-year-old made four appearances in the month under review and assisted a goal in the process.
His impressive performances all through the tenth month earned him a spot on the team having inspired them to victory twice.
The Super Eagles defender is currently on a season-long loan deal with Benfica after joining the Portuguese topflight outfit a five-year contract in 2018.
He was however sidelined all through the 2018-19 season owing to a stubborn injury but he is back now and hoping to get better than he was before the setback.
The full-back is part of Gernot Rohr’s 24-man squad for this month’s 2021 AFCON qualifiers against Sierra Leone.
The full Eredivisie Team of the Month:
- Kostas Lamprou (RKC Waalwijk),
- Tyronne Ebuehi (FC Twente),
- Riechedly Bazoer (Vitesse Arnhem),
- Jan Paul van Hecke (sc Heerenveen),
- Ridgeciano Haps (Feyenoord Rotterdam),
- Rai Vloet (Heracles Almelo),
- Davy Klaassen (AFC Ajax),
- Loïs Openda (Vitesse Arnhem),
- Henk Veerman (sc Heerenveen),
- Danilo (FC Twente) and
- Lassina Traore (AFC Ajax).
Legit.ng earlier reported that Nigerian winger Samuel Chukwueze has been named in the Spanish League team of the week according to Whoscored.com.
The 21-year-old opened his goal account for the 2020-21 season in their Villarreal's 2-0 La Liga victory over Real Valladolid earlier this week.
Chukwueze scored a stunning close-range goal in the 21st minute after making a run into the opponents' danger zone to connect with a pass from Alfonso Pedraza.
Legit.ng also reported that Kelechi Iheanacho posted a man-of-the-match performance again as Leicester City defeated FC Braga in a Europa League fixture.
The Nigerian international drew first blood for the Foxes as he somehow found his way through the Braga defence and tucked home his shot to make it 1-0 after 21 minutes.
The 23-year-old was on song again two minutes after the restart as he shot took a deflection into the back of the net to make it 2-0.
We haven't gotten the houses FG promised us in 1994 - Siasia raises alarm | Legit TV