Lekki shooting: Lagos panel begins showing of footage captured at tollgate

Lekki shooting: Lagos panel begins showing of footage captured at tollgate

- The Lagos panel of enquiry has started reviewing the footage captured during Lekki shootings

- Judge Emeritus Doris Okuwobi ordered that the footage be shown in full

- Some EndSARS protesters were shot by soldiers at Lekki tollgate on October 20

PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75,000 or N38,000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng

The judicial panel of enquiry and restitution for victims of SARS related abuses and other matters set up by the Lagos state government has started showing the footage captured by the surveillance camera at the Lekki toll gate on October 20.

The Nation reports that the managing director of the Lekki Concession Company (LCC), Abayomi Omomuwa, had submitted the video footage on Tuesday, November 3.

Soldiers have been accused of shooting at #EndSARS protesters, injuring and killing some. The military has, however, denied the allegation.

Breaking: Lagos panel begins review of Lekki shooting video

Lekki tollgate after shooting of EndSARS protesters by soldiers. Source: TheCable.
Source: UGC

The chairman of the panel, Judge Emeritus Doris Okuwobi directed the footage which is over 20 hours long to be played in full, following an application by a lawyer representing the #EndSARS protesters, Adesina Ogunlana.

Lekki shooting: Presidency shares video claiming soldiers shot in the air, not at protesters

She turned down the request of LCC's lawyer, Rotimi Seriki, for the panel to start viewing of the recording captured from about 5 pm on October 20.

The alleged shootings are believed to have occurred from just over 6 pm on the said day.

According to the report, the panel began viewing the footage at about 11:35 am.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the southwest ministers called for a thorough investigation into the Lekki shooting.

It was reported that the ministers made this known in a report presented to the Federal Executive Council (FEC) on Wednesday, November 4, at the Council Chamber, Presidential Villa, Abuja.

They further demanded a probe into the role of the military in the Lekki shooting incident.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

In another report, some days after turning down the invitation by the Lagos state panel of enquiry probing the alleged shooting of #EndSARS peaceful protesters on October 20, at the Lekki tollgate, the Nigerian Army has changed its stand.

Finally, international criminal court in Hague begins probe into Lekki shooting

The Nigerian Army had earlier stated that it would not appear before the panel, arguing it was not the panel’s duty to invite it.

The spokesman for the Nigerian Army, 81 Division, Lagos, Major Osoba Olaniyi, said the military would only appear before the panel if it received an invitation directly from the Lagos state government rather than the panel.

What’s the best punishment for erring SARS officers? | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel