- Lionel Messi failed in his quest to leave Barcelona last summer due to a €700 million release clause
- The Argentine is among twenty-five big stars whose respective contracts will lapse in 2021
- Sergio Ramos and Sergio Aguero are expected to renew their contracts at their respective clubs
Lionel Messi is currently in the final year of his contract with Barcelona, and the Argentine has been heavily linked with a move to Premier League club Manchester City.
The Argentine who earlier tendered his transfer request at the Catalan club was forced to stay back due to a €700 million release clause but can leave next summer - for free.
Sergio Ramos and Sergio Aguero will also see-off their contracts at Real Madrid and Manchester City respectively in 2021, however, it is expected that both players will renew their respective contracts.
Quite a number of players have an uncertain future including 21-year-old Barcelona sensation, Riqui Puig, who has dropped down the pecking order under Ronald Koeman.
Embattled Manchester United forward Jesse Lingard will also likely leave the Old Trafford outfit after seeing-off his contract next summer.
Below are 25 players who will be out of contract in 2021 according to Transfermarkt as cited in SPORTbible.
25. Nicolás De La Cruz (River Plate) Value: £10.8 million
24. Josh King (Bournemouth) Value: 11.7m
23. Fabian Schar (Newcastle United) Value: £11.7m
22. Elseid Hysaj (Napoli) Value: £12.6m
21. Jesse Lingard (Manchester United) Value: £12.6m
20. Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid) Value: £12.6m
19. Juan Bernat (Paris Saint-Germain) Value: £14.4m
18. Otavio (Porto) Value: £16.2m
17. Nikola Maksimovic (Napoli) Value: £16.2m
16. Eric Garcia (Manchester City) Value: £18m
15. Moussa Marega (Porto) Value: £18m
14. Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Roma) Value: £18m
13. Marten de Roon (Atalanta) Value: £20.7m
12. Julian Draxler (Paris Saint-Germain) Value: £21.6m
11. Riqui Puig (Barcelona) Value: £22.5m
10. Arkadiusz Milik (Napoli) Value: £24.3m
9. Hakan Calhanoglu (AC Milan) Value: £27m
8. Florian Thauvin (Marseille) Value: £28.8m
7. Angel Di Maria (Paris Saint-Germain) Value: £28.8m
6. Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool) Value: £36m
5. Sergio Aguero (Manchester City) Value: £37.8m
4. Memphis Depay (Lyon) Value: £40.5m
3. Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan) Value: £54m
2. David Alaba (Bayern Munich) Value: £58.5m
1. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) Value: £90m
Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that Barcelona overcame hard-fighting Dynamo Kyiv on Wednesday night, November 4, following a 2-1 win over the Ukrainian club in the Champions League with Messi and Gerrard Pique getting the goals for the Catalan giants.
In the other group game, Juventus hammered Ferencvaros 4-1 away from home with Alvaro Morata netting a brace while Paulo Dybala got the third goal before an own goal by Lasha Dval made it four for the visitors.
I still don't have the €250,000 I need for my FIFA ban appeal - Samson Siasia | Legit TV
Source: Legit Newspaper