Northern governors reveal what they will do to prevent second wave of EndSARS protest

Northern governors reveal what they will do to prevent second wave of EndSARS protest

- The NGF has said that it would ensure that the second wave of EnSARS protest is prevented in Nigeria

- Governor Simon Lalong, the forum's chairman, said the youths would be gainfully employed to make them become productive

- Lalong said the EndSARS protest was hijacked by hoodlums

PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75000 or N38000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng

The Northern Governors' Forum (NGF) has revealed that all hands are on deck to engage Nigerian youths in order to prevent a second wave of #EndSARS protest.

Channels TV reports that the chairman of the NGF and governor of Plateau, Simon Lalong, made this known on Monday, November 2.

Legit.ng gathered that he said the plan to avoid the reoccurrence of the #EndSARS protest was agreed upon after a meeting by northern leaders including state governors, traditional leaders, and northern political leaders.

Read also

Lekki shooting: It’s unclear who shot EndSARS protesters - AGF Malami declares

Northern governors reveal what they will do to prevent second wave of EndSARS protest
The chairman of the NGF and governor of Plateau, Simon Lalong, addressing stakeholders in Plateau. Credit: Twitter/Simon Lalong.
Source: Twitter

He said:

“We came out of the meeting with very useful suggestions and a communique. In that meeting, we all agreed to go back and continue engagement particularly addressing issues from #EndSARS because we are also trying to avoid the second wave of #EndSARS.
“We want to address some of those issues that are on ground, to prevail on people not to engage in destructions. Because the #EndSARS protest was hijacked by hoodlums which led to several destructions."

Speaking further on deliberations from the meeting, Lalong said although the #EndSARS protest was not wrong, it was hijacked by demonstrators targeting regime change.

Lalong added:

“Nobody is saying that initially, the protest was wrong. But the fact that it was hijacked by hoodlums to destroy public and private properties was a matter of great concern.
“What we are trying to do is to get back to the drawing board and close the communication gap between the leaders and the led. So that there will be no #EndSARS again. So, what we intend to do is to provide opportunities by engaging the youths so that they will be taken off the streets."

Read also

Breaking: Super Eagles legend cries out, says he will personally lead yet another protest

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that governors of northern states called for the censorship of social media.

It was reported that the governors said the effect of uncontrolled social media is devastating and that some people took advantage of the recent #EndSARS protests to push for Nigeria's disintegration.

What’s the best punishment for erring SARS officers? | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel