FG denies generating ‘no-fly’ list for #EndSARS protesters

FG denies generating ‘no-fly’ list for #EndSARS protesters

- The federal government has described as fake news a report claiming that it was restricting some key #EndSARS protesters from travelling out of Nigeria

- The Nigerian government reacted through the Ministry of Interior on Tuesday, November 3

- Meanwhile, President Buhari has appealed to Nigerian youths to stop the protests and get involved in negotiations with the government

PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75,000 or N38,000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng

The federal government has denied compiling a ‘no-fly list’ of Nigerian youths who participated in the #ENDSARS protests across the country.

The Federal Ministry of Interior stated this in a tweet on Tuesday, November 3, in reaction to a media report by an online publication.

FG denies generating ‘no-fly’ list for #EndSARS protesters
The minister of interior, Rauf Aregbesola. Photo source: Premium Times
Source: UGC

The ministry tweeted:

“The Ministry of Interior did not, has not and will not generate any no-fly list. Ignore fake news, please!”

Meanwhile, President Muhammadu Buhari has appealed to youths in Nigeria to end street protests and get involved in negotiations aimed at ending police brutality in the country.

Read also

Seven Nigerian EndSARS protesters in Egypt risk deportation for lack of resident permit - NIDCOM reveals

Buhari made the appeal on Sunday, November 1, at an event to mark the maiden national youth day celebration.

According to a statement issued by a presidential aide, Garba Shehu, the president who was represented by the minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Muhammad Bello, said his administration has heard the demands of the Nigerian youths.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

In another report, the federal government has issued a strong warning to the #EndSARS protesters, saying it will not allow the country to be thrown into anarchy.

Legit.ng gathered that the minister of information and culture, Lai Mohammed, stated this on Saturday, October 17, when he featured on a late-night Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) news programme, “Weekend File.”

The programme entitled, “EndSARS protest: The way forward,” was monitored by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja.

Read also

EndSARS: Group protests at police headquarters in Abuja (photo)

Mohammed said the assassination attempt on the Osun governor, Adegboyega Oyetola while addressing the protesters was a clear confirmation that the protests had been hijacked by hoodlums and people with ulterior agenda.

Angry lawyers join EndSARS protest in Lagos | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel