- Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi and Beckham are among players who live in the costliest houses
- The likes of Bale, Drogba and Mario Balotelli also boast of well-designed mansions
- Barcelona legend Iniesta built a small chapel in his home that has other amenities
It is expected that footballers who earn good money will also live a luxurious lifestyle with the best houses, cars, clothes at their beck and call.
Players often settle to live large as long as what they do on the pitch fetches them enough money to acquire the good things of life.
The likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Gareth Bale, and even retired David Beckham are among the players who live in the most expensive houses one can imagine.
Here are the top ten players who live in the most expensive houses, the cost, year and their features:
See what Ronaldo's girlfriend Georgina and his 4 kids were spotted doing inside his £5.5m yacht (photo)
1. David Beckham ($50million) 2011 - eight bedrooms, seven bathrooms, a gym, bar, and inside a waterfall.
2 Wayne Rooney ($17.83m) 2010 - a museum, a landscape garden (similar to a golf course), home theatre, a jacuzzi.
3. John Terry ($15m) 2010 - seven bedrooms, six bathrooms, a swimming pool and a home theatre.
4. Thierry Henry ($15m) 2012 - swimming, bar and cinema.
5. Didier Drogba (2009) $14.4m - seven bedrooms, eight bathrooms, museum, rooms for children.
6. Cristiano Ronaldo (2013) $7.2m - seven bedrooms, eight bathrooms, two swimming pools, a party garden, and a trophy room.
7. Gareth Bale (2013) $6m - four bedrooms, six-car garage, swimming pool, a golf course.
8. Mario Balotelli (2014) $5m - four bedrooms and bathrooms, football pitch, private theatre, swimming pool, home cinema.
9. Lionel Messi (2012) $5m - house shaped like a football, located on a plot that looks like a football pitch.
Obafemi Martins with N12bn net worth shows off his N176m yacht, N88m Bentley Bentayga and N35m G-wagon
10. Andres Iniesta (2010) $4.6m - five-bedroom, swimming pool, a small chapel, and has every single basic amenities.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Lionel Messi is the highest-paid footballer and the second player that recently hit the $1billion mark in terms of earnings.
With the enormous amount in his bank account, the Barcelona star can afford to buy anything he wishes with his money.
I still don't have the €250,000 I need for my FIFA ban appeal - Samson Siasia | Legit TV