Vienna attack: Police make several arrests after 4 people were killed in 'terror' shooting

Vienna attack: Police make several arrests after 4 people were killed in 'terror' shooting

- There was a terrorist shooting attack in Austria which resulted in the death of four persons

- Following the unfortunate incident, arrests have been made as police officers go after the accomplices of the suspect

- The suspect, however, did not survive as he was killed by the police some minutes into the attack

PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75000 or N38000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng

It was a black day for Austria as at least four people died in a terrorist shooting attack in Vienna on Monday night, November 2, hours before a coronavirus lockdown started.

In a report by The Guardian, the Austrian police announced that several arrests were made at locations linked to the suspect who killed two men and two women.

According to Austria’s chancellor, Sebastian Kurz, the victims, an elderly man, elderly woman, a young male passerby and waitress, died from injuries they sustained after the attack in the country's capital.

Read also

Police kill gunmen screaming 'Allahu Akbar' as jihadist murders three worshippers in France

Confirming the attack, Karl Nehammer, the interior minister, said the suspect was shot dead nine minutes into the attack by the police.

Vienna attack: Several arrests made after 4 killed in 'terror' shooting attack
Several arrests were made by the police after 4 people were killed in shooting attack in Vienna. Photo credit: Ronald Zak/AP
Source: UGC

Nehammer went on to explain that the arrests made were following raids at addresses linked to the alleged 20-year-old suspect.

The suspect had been convicted back in 2019 for his ISIS membership after being arrested on his way to Syria to join the terrorist group. He was released early from a 22-month prison sentence in December.

The sad incident has left seven people in a life-threatening condition as others are being treated for gunshot wounds and cuts from stabbing.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that towards the tail end of 2019, three people were killed in a deadly shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola in Florida.

According to the US Secretary of Defense Mark Esper, the gunman who carried out the shooting was a second lieutenant in the Saudi Arabian military involved in flight training at the station.

Read also

EndSARS: Imo youths kill soldiers, burn police station, release suspects amid curfew

The gunman started his training in August 2017 as part of a three-year program. He was said to be taking classes in basic aviation, initial pilot training and English.

Abule Ado fire: Lives lost, houses destroyed in Lagos explosion | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel