- Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are both on the list of players above 30 who are doing well
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored seven goals and he is also on the list
- The likes of James Milner, Luka Modric and Sergio Ramos are also listed
Barcelona legend Lionel Messi has emerged as the player topping the list of world-class footballers who are above the age of 30 and are currently doing well for their respective clubs.
The Argentina international before the start of the ongoing season in the Spanish League wanted to leave Barcelona, but the club's chiefs were later able to convince him to stay.
Messi who has never played for any other club than Barcelona has also won six Ballon d'Or awards so far in his career with Cristiano Ronaldo having five.
At the age of 35, Cristiano Ronaldo has also displayed some incredible performances for Juventus most especially during the Old Lady's last game in which he scored a brace against Spezia.
Ronaldo recently recovered from COVID-19 and the game against Spezia was his first for Juventus and he performed well.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic on the other hand has also been superb for AC Milan this term and the Swede is even the current highest goal-scorer in Italy with seven goals.
According to the report on Givemesport, they have listed the names of the 25 players who are 30 or above and doing well.
1. Lionel Messi of Barcelona (33)
2. Cristiano Ronaldo of Juventus (35)
3. Robert Lewandowski of Bayern Munich (32)
4. Manuel Neuer of Bayern Munich (34)
5. Sergio Ramos of Real Madrid (34)
6. Karim Benzema of Real Madrid (32)
7. Sergio Aguero of Manchester City (32)
Stats show how bad Messi has been since last month when compared to Ronaldo who just recovered from COVID-19
8. Aubameyang of Arsenal (31)
9. Ciro Immobile of Lazio (30)
10. Jamie Vardy of Leicester City (33)
11. Thomas Muller of Bayern Munich (31)
12. Angel Di Maria of PSG (32)
13. Gareth Bale of Tottenham (31)
14. Luka Modric of Real Madrid (35)
15. Miralem Pjanic of Barcelona (30)
16. Luis Suarez of Atletico Madrid (33)
17. Toni Kroos of Real Madrid (30)
18. Jordan Henderson of Liverpool (30)
19. Zlatan Ibrahimovic of AC Milan (39)
20. Kyle Walker of Manchester City (30)
21. Papu Gomez of Atalanta (32)
22. Dries Mertens of Napoli (33)
23. Wissam Ben Yedder of AS Monaco (30)
24. Kieran Trippier of Atletico Madrid (30)
25. James Milner of Liverpool (34)
Earlier, Legit.ng had reported that Cristiano Ronaldo recounted how Sir Alex Ferguson helped him develop from boyhood to manhood during his six-year reign at Old Trafford.
The Portuguese joined Manchester United from Sporting Lisbon in 2003 and won three Premier Leagues, one Champions League title and a Ballon d'Or award.
During his spell with the Red Devils, the 35-year-old encountered some personal issues but revealed that the legendary manager helped him get through his trying moments.
We haven't gotten the houses FG promised us in 1994 - Siasia raises alarm | Legit TV