Pep Guardiola: Manchester City manager hints at possible second Premier League lockdown

Pep Guardiola: Manchester City manager hints at possible second Premier League lockdown

- Pep Guardiola has stated that the Premier League could go on another lockdown

- The tactician says football should not be different from other societal activities

- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced a one-month lockdown across the UK

PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75000 or N38000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng

Pep Guardiola has expressed fears that the English Premier League could be witnessing yet another lockdown as a result of the rising cases of the coronavirus pandemic.

The entire UK will be going into a fresh one-month lockdown which will be imposed from the early hours of November 5, lasting until December 2.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson made fresh announcements as regards the set of guidelines similar to the one that was adopted when the country went into lockdown earlier in the year.

Recall that in March, the English Premier League was suspended and then the EFL and all footballing programmes were put to a halt.

Read also

Trouble for Guardiola as Barcelona boss Koeman names 1 Man City star he will sign in January

Action returned after three months and efforts were immediately put in place to quickly conclude the season.

And now with the new spike in figures of the coronavirus cases, Manchester City manager Guardiola says football cannot be exempted from the lockdown.

Pep Guardiola: Manchester City manager hints at a possible second Premier League lockdown
Pep Guardiola says he wants to be safe from coronavirus. Photo: Robbie Jay Barratt
Source: Getty Images

He said, as cited in Mirror:

"It's difficult. I know the prime minister is taking the decision because the situation is getting worse. It happened in Spain, Germany and France. Everywhere.
"So the virus is still there. Maybe people say it is stronger. I think the world of football cannot be an exception in what is happening in society.
"So if we have to play, we will play. But we don't want to be different from the rest of society when they have to close restaurants or close whatever.
"It's a position in which I am not involved. I want to be safe. I want to keep well for myself, for my family, my friends, for all England, all of the UK. But honestly I don't know."

Read also

Cristiano Ronaldo names former Man United boss as his best manager ever (here's who and why)

Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that Cristiano Ronaldo made a scoring return for Juventus since his recovery from coronavirus.

The 35-year-old scored two goals in 34 minutes including a penalty in the Bianconeri's 4-1 win over Spezia at the Stadio Dino Manuzzi.

Just two minutes after his introduction against Spezia, Ronaldo received a pass from Morata and rounded the goalkeeper to make it 2-1 for Juve and later completed his brace before the end of the match.

I still don't have the €250,000 I need for my FIFA ban appeal - Samson Siasia | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel