- Zinedine Zidane says that Benzema and Vinicius have buried the hatchet after what transpired earlier this week in the Champions League
- Benzema has tabled his apologies to Vinicius after he was heard telling Mendy not to pass to the youngster during their 2-2 draw against Borussia Moenchengladbach
- Real Madrid were able to seal their first point in the Champions League against Borussia Moenchengladbach despite going 2 goals down
All seems to be well at Real Madrid as teammates Vinicius Junior and Karim Benzema have now buried the hatchet after the latter criticized the Brazilian during their 2-2 draw with Borussia Moenchengladbach in the Champions League.
According to Zinedine Zidane, there is no problem between the duo as the players have both sorted out their issues, Daily Mail reports.
Recall that tunnel camera had captured Benzema criticizing Vinicius to defender Mendy as he told the left-back not to pass to the Brazilian.
As at the time of the statement, Real Madrid were 1-0 down but scored two late goals in the second half to take a point in Germany.
But Zidane has now played down the row as he acknowledged that it is good that these things happen.
He said: “The most important thing is that it's cleared up and that the players sort it out themselves.
“You say a lot of things on the pitch, but it always stays there.
“It's good that these kinds of things happen, because it means we're alive and in the moment.
“They spoke and that's that. This kind of thing happens all the time on the pitch, things get heated. You say things about yourself, others and even me.”
This is what Real Madrid star recently did after telling teammate not to pass to 1 player during UCL game
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that Karim Benzema has apologised for his behaviour to Vinicius Junior during Real Madrid's draw with Borussia Moenchengladbach.
According to Opta stats, Benzema did not pass the ball to Vinicius while Mendy only attempted three passes despite playing down the left.
There has been more unrest in Real Madrid's dressing room after Isco was reportedly criticising Zinedine Zidane for making late changes during El Clasico.
The 28-year-old midfielder is currently not finding things easy this season at the Santiago Bernabeu as he is struggling to get active playing time under Zidane.
He was on the bench on Saturday, October 24, in Real Madrid's incredible win over bitter rivals Barcelona in the El Clasico at the Nou Camp.
I still don't have the €250,000 I need for my FIFA ban appeal - Samson Siasia | Legit TV